This pumpkin hummus recipe is a dose of sweet and savory. This vegan dish uses canned pumpkin, chickpeas, olive oil, and honey and is the perfect complement to any spread. Like it sweet? Add in pumpkin pie spice.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This post is sponsored by Tony Chachere’s. All opinions are my own.
Making your own hummus at home is so easy! You only need a few staple ingredients and you can make this with or without tahini.
What Type of Chickpeas to Use
I use a 15 ounce can of garbanzo beans. Drain them first, this is important. The terms chickpeas and garbanzo beans are used interchangeably. They mean the same thing.
Spices and Seasoning
I’m using Tony Chachere’s seasoning in this recipe. I have been a fan of their store-bought seasoning for YEARS. I use it in my Instant Pot Gumbo, Instant Pot Cabbage, Instant Pot Collard Greens, and other recipes.
It has always been my go-to Creole seasoning because it is packed with flavor. I’m so excited that I recently noticed they have lite and no salt versions now!
How to Make Pumpkin Hummus
- Add pureed pumpkin, chickpeas, lite creole seasoning, honey, garlic powder, and olive oil to a blender or food processer.
- Blend until combined.
What to Eat and Serve With It
- Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread
- Homemade Southern Cornbread
- Sliced bread (French, sourdough, etc.)
- Fresh Fruit
- Fresh Vegetables (Celery, Carrots, Broccoli, etc)
How to Make it Spicy
Add a teaspoon or more of red cayenne pepper if you’re looking for a kick. You can also add a dose of chili powder or jalapeno peppers.
How to Make it Sweet
Add pumpkin pie spice if you want a combination of sweet and savory! You can also add additional honey.
How to Store It
You can store it in the fridge tightly sealed for up to 4 days.
Freeze the hummus in an airtight container. It will expand a little bit, so don’t fill the container up completely. It will freeze up to 4 months. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator when ready to use.
More Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Hummus Recipe
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender or food processer (exclude the paprika if planning to garnish).
- Blend until combined. If you want to thin out the hummus, you can add water. Start with a teaspoon and add more as needed. I find that I don't need any and the texture suits my liking.