One of my goals for 2017 is to stop wasting food. I sometimes come up with creative recipes that use specific ingredients that are not commonly used. At times there are small portions of the ingredients left over. These leftovers are often thrown out on the days I clean out my fridge. So far I have done well! Nevermind the fact January is not over. Baby steps! Progress is progress.
I stretched out many of the gourmet cheeses I used for my holiday mac and cheese. I used the cheeses in four subsequent dishes (two of the dishes were other versions of mac and cheese 😀 ). I came up with this dish on the spot while creating a meal-prep plan for my Jalapeno Lime Chicken Poppers. I needed a quick side dish. I had Yukon potatoes on deck from a mashed potatoes recipe. I paired it with packaged SteamFresh Broccoli. Voila! Lunch for the week in about an hour! To add another layer to this story, I have organic, raw honey that is set to expire within the next couple of months. Operation cut down the food waste in 2017 is in full effect!
Calories: 130 Fat: 0G Net Carbs: 29G Protein: 3G
Honey Garlic Roasted Yukon Potatoes
- 5 Yukon potatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons organic raw honey
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon rosemary dried
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with cooking spray.
- Spread the potato pieces and garlic onto the baking sheet.
- Using a cooking brush, drizzle the honey throughout.
- Sprinkle the seasonings over the pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes to allow each to cook on the other side.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Allow to cool.