Summer has been here for a while and boy are we feeling the heat in Kansas City! It recently cooled off this week after multiple weeks of triple-digit temperatures, soaring heat index values, and multiple heat advisories.
When I say it has cooled off, I mean the temperatures are now in the low 90’s! So it is still pretty hot. Here in Kansas City, the heat does not distract us from our normal summer fun. Pool parties, brunch events, day parties, and kickbacks have still been in abundance.
Calories: 214 Fat: 4G Net Carbs: 30G Protein: 1G
Using Diet Ginger Beer: Calories: 151 Fat: 4G Net Carbs: 11G Protein: 1G
I actually decided to host my own house party/kick back with a few friends this past weekend. I used Barritt’s Ginger Beer to create Mexican Mules, the signature cocktail of the evening.
I love to switch up cocktails and create savory drinks from time to time. This drink somewhat reminds me of a Bloody Mary.
It is not very sweet, but it is refreshing and perfect for scorching temperatures! Tequila also makes a great beverage for summer fun.
Bring out the tequila and ginger beer, crank up the tunes, and you are bound to have a great night filled with summer fun!
As always, drink responsibly.
Be sure to make my homemade guacamole recipe!
Ginger Beer Tequila Mexican Mule Cocktail
- 1/2 cup Barritt’s Ginger Beer
- 1/4 cup tequila
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 lime fresh and sliced for garnish
- 1/2 -1 jalapeno for garnish
- dash of salt optional
- Add ice to a cup, if desired.
- Pour the tequila into the cup. Follow up with the ginger beer.
- Next, add the lime juice and a dash of salt and stir.
- Garnish with fresh lime and jalapeno. Feel free to slice up the jalapeno and add it in for additional heat.