This chipotle bacon bowl with grilled shrimp AND veggies is perfect for a summer day. Throughout summer I feel like I pretty much live in front of my grill on the weekends. I love the taste of grilled foods. A few years ago I started experimenting by throwing my veggies on the grill in addition to meat. This has been an EPIC discovery. Fresh, grilled veggies can convert anyone into a veggies lover. I wish my parents had grilled the veggies on my plate when I was a child. I am pretty convinced I would have had a happy plate each and every night. Instead, I constantly tried to barter with my mom to get out of eating all of my vegetables. My negotiation skills were perfected pretty early in life!
Calories: 320 Fat: 8G Net Carbs: 30G Protein: 32G
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B000WEIJUW” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
These grill baskets are a life saver! Shrimp, veggies, and fruit (yes, fruit, I love grilled peaches) fit perfectly.
Season the veggies with the Chipotle Bacon seasoning for intense flavor!
VOILA! A quick and easy meal that is perfect for advanced meal prep.
I am a huge fan of shrimp because it’s not only delicious, it is also filled with a ton of protein. 4 ounces of shrimp has about 30 grams of protein and is super lean/fat/carb free.
Pin me! 🙂
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B0140ZN2EQ” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
Chipotle Bacon Bowl with Grilled Shrimp and Veggies
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 cups sliced squash
- 4 slices nitrate-free bacon cooked and crumbled
- 2 cups Long Grain and Wild Rice I used 90 second ready rice
- 2 whole kernel corn on the cob
- 1 lime sliced
- 1 tsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- McCormick's Grill Mates Chipotle Bacon Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the shrimp and veggies with the seasonings.
- Turn the grill on medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and zucchini to separate grill baskets. Place the corn on the cob directly on the grill.
- Grill the shrimp for about 5 minutes, turning at least once, until the shrimp turns bright pink.
- Grill the corn for 5-6 minutes on each side or until the corn has charred some.
- Grill the zucchini for 5-6 minutes, tossing a few times to ensure it is soft on both sides.
- Before removing the corn from the grill spread the melted butter on the corn with a cooking brush.
- Cook the rice in the microwave for 90 seconds.
- Add the rice, cooked shrimp, veggies, and crumbled bacon to a bowl. Top with cilantro and fresh lime juice to serve.