This beef taco and rice skillet recipe is a great way to allow yourself to enjoy Taco Tuesday, without any of the guilt! There are so many standard toppings that you can add to this dish that are still very macro-friendly. Guac, salsa, and non-fat, plain Greek yogurt (to replace sour cream) are great options. Salsa is typically 10-15 calories and 1 gram of carbs per serving. It can be used as a great healthy topping for more than just tacos.
Calories: 291 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 29G Protein: 24G
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B00GRT9PZY” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
This brown rice and quinoa combination is my favorite! It is organic and only takes 90 seconds to prep! That saves 20-25 minutes.
I am a huge fan of the taste of quinoa. However, I cannot ignore the feedback I commonly hear. Some people simply do not like it! Quinoa is gluten-free and is high in protein. Quinoa is a crop grown for its seeds. The seeds are cooked the same way as rice and can be used in a wide range of dishes. One cup of cooked quinoa has 8 grams of protein and 5 grams of fiber. It has so many nutritious benefits! If you are not a fan of the taste of quinoa this quinoa and brown rice combination may be perfect for you.
I’m obsessed with skillet dinners. Lately, I have been obsessed with one-pan and sheet pan dinners. I love the ease of being able to create a dish using one pan. I cook so often. The fewer dishes I have to wash, the happier I am.
Pin me 🙂
Beef Taco One-Skillet Meal with Quinoa and Brown Rice
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 bag Seeds of Change Brown Rice and Quinoa
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 medium red pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped chopped
- 1/3 cup low-sodium black beans
- 3-4 garlic cloved chopped
- 1 container Rotel
- 1/4 cup whole kernel corn frozen
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese
- Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray. Add the garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, and taco seasoning. Cook until browned while breaking the beef into smaller chunks.
- Add the Rotel, black beans, and corn. Stir to ensure the mixture is combined.
- Heat the rice for 90 seconds in the microwave. Add the rice and shredded cheese to the mixture and stir.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and serve!