[themify_box style=”black announcement”]
This Bacon Ranch, Potato, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole recipe is very close to my Low-Carb Bacon, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole recipe. I decided to switch it up some due to my workout schedule. I work out most mornings throughout the week. I recently started doing a High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) training at 5:30 AM once a week. This class is intense. In some ways, it is a lot more challenging than my strength training workouts. Our trainer always encourages us to eat a big breakfast afterward. This is because we will need the energy and because we will quickly burn off what we consume, due to the intensity of the workout. My low-carb breakfast is not ideal in circumstances like this. Adding potatoes does the trick!
Calories: 278 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 23G Protein: 20G
Layers are key for this recipe!
I only made minor changes to my previous recipe. I added potatoes and ranch seasoning. If it isn’t broke, why fix it? I love being able to create multiple variations of the same recipe. Varying an existing recipe ensures I never get tired of eating the same thing.
My favorite bacon is the uncured, nitrate-free from Trader Joe’s. Cured bacon is cured with sodium nitrates to preserve the color and flavor. Sodium nitrates have been linked to cancer. Uncured bacon is cured with sea salt and/or celery, thus no nitrates. Uncured, nitrate-free bacon will go bad faster than regular bacon. Definitely, keep that in mind.
You can substitute turkey bacon, sausage, chicken sausage, or pretty much whatever you want for this recipe. Are you dairy-free? Simply omit the cheese. This recipe is very adaptable.
[themify_button style=”small purple” link=”https://www.instagram.com/stay_snatched/”]Follow Stay Snatched on Instagram[/themify_button] [themify_button style=”small purple” link=”https://www.facebook.com/staysnatchedtoo/”]Like Stay Snatched on Facebook[/themify_button] [themify_button style=”small purple” link=”https://www.pinterest.com/staysnatched/”]Follow Stay Snatched on Pinterest[/themify_button]
Pin Me 🙂
Bacon Ranch, Potato, Egg, and Spinach Breakfast Casserole
- 2 eggs
- 5 red potatoes diced
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 2-3 cups spinach frozen, thawed and drained
- 6 slices nitrate-free bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 1/14 cups shredded cheddar or 3 cheese mix
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 packet of ranch seasoning mix I used Hidden Valley
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Boil the potatoes for 5 minutes in boiling water. This step is optional. I like for my potatoes to be really soft.
- Place a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chopped veggies (excluding the spinach) to the pan. Season with 1/2 of the ranch seasoning. Sautee for a few minutes until the veggies are soft.
- Add the veggies to the bottom of the baking dish. Spread the veggies throughout the dish.
- Add another layer, add the spinach.
- Whisk the egg whites and eggs in a small bowl. Season with ranch seasoning, salt, and pepper. Pour the egg mixture over the veggies.
- Create an additional layer by adding the crumbled bacon and shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Mine was ready around 32 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Allow to cool before serving.