This Easy Keto Low Carb Avocado Tuna Salad is made using only 5 ingredients. Serve this as a dip with fresh vegetables or make it into lettuce sandwich wraps! This recipe also includes tips on how to substitute mayo.
This post is sponsored by StarKist E.V.O.O.™. All opinions are my own.
Now is the perfect time to stock up on pantry staples to have on hand in the kitchen. With everything going on in my life right now, I need quick meals. And they also have to be EASY!
I recently tried out the different varieties of StarKist E.V.O.O.™. products and I am in love! I love that this is a keto-friendly product, but I am in love with the single pack convenience! The single pouches make it easy to use for small serving dishes, in addition to large!
Each of the pouches are packed in cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil, which is loaded with healthy fats. StarKist E.V.O.O.™. is also a great source of protein. Lately, I have been heavily focused on strength training in conjunction with my protein intake. StarKist E.V.O.O.™ is great for a post-workout snack or as a main dish.
All StarKist E.V.O.O.™ Tuna and Salmon are wild caught, which is a healthier alternative to farm raised seafood.
Here is what you are going to love about this recipe, it is made using only 5 ingredients! And there are so many things you can substitute in if you wish! You also won’t need your stove for this recipe. StarKist E.V.O.O.™ Tuna and Salmon is great for those quick and easy recipes that don’t require any cooking.
May is also Mediterranean Diet Month and this dish is perfect!
How to Make Keto Avocado Tuna Salad
- Combine StarKist E..V.O. O.™ Wild-Caught Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon Pepper in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, mayo, chopped boiled eggs, chopped red onions, mashed avocado, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix well.
- You can serve the salad at room temperature or chilled.
How to Boil Eggs on Stovetop
- Place the eggs in a saucepan.
- Cover the eggs with cold water. Fill to the top of the eggs.
- Bring the saucepan to a boil.
- Once the water boils, remove the pan from the heat. Cover the pan.
- Allow the eggs to sit for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and place them in an ice bath to cool for 10 minutes.
What Kind of Tuna Do You Use in the Recipe?
I chose to use StarKist E..V.O. O.™ Wild-Caught Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon Pepper in Extra Virgin Olive Oil because I love for my salad to have a hint of lemon. This saved me an additional step and fresh lemon wasn’t something I had on hand!
What to Pair with the Salad
- Lettuce Wraps
- Parmesan Cheese Crisps
- Fresh Veggies like celery and broccoli
- Pork Rinds
Additional Substitution Ideas
- Mustard (a tablespoon or to taste)
- Bell Peppers
How to Substitute Mayo
You can make this recipe with no mayo by using the same amount of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream.
How to Store the Salad
It will last (tightly covered) for 3-4 days.
Can You Freeze It?
I don’t recommend it. Mayo and eggs typically do not freeze well.
How Many Carbs in the Salad
Each serving has 1 net carb.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of StarKist E.V.O.O.™.
Easy Keto Low Carb Avocado Tuna Salad
- 3 packages StarKist E..V.O. O.™ Wild-Caught Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon Pepper in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 hard boiled eggs chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1-2 medium avocado
- 1/4 cup mayo
- salt to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Chill if preferred or serve immediately.