I may have cracked a code with this Air Fryer Crab Fried Rice recipe. This is the first recipe that I have created that uses my push pan (see photo below) with my Air Fryer. I have used this pan quite a few times with my Instant Pot to make cheesecake, banana nut bread, pumpkin spice bread, and lasagna. I have discovered this pan also works well in the Air Fryer!
Calories: 268 Fat: 11G Net Carbs: 31G Protein: 15G
Here is a link to the round pan used in this recipe.
I am a huge fan of fried rice. I especially love seafood crab frice. Be sure to check out my Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice recipe using a wok. That recipe can be prepared using an Air Fryer by following similar instructions. Also, this recipe can be prepared using a wok, following similar instructions within my shrimp recipe.
There are a couple of Thai restaurants in Kansas City that have crab fried rice dishes that are to die for! When I have a craving for it, it is pretty much impossible to resist giving in.
This recipe allows me to give into those cravings, without any of the guilt. The restaurant quality crab fried rice is usually prepared with jasmine rice, which isn’t terrible (in terms of macros). However, preparing the rice at home allows me to use whole grain brown rice, which is my favorite.
I love eggs so I definitely wanted to include them in this recipe. You can use egg whites as well, or a combination of both.
There are so many ways you can vary this recipe. You can use bean sprouts, carrots, peas, fresh cucumber. I have had fried rice prepared many different ways.
For the sake of time, I used whole grain brown Ready Rice. Click the photo link below to purchase the exact rice used in the recipe.
Air Fryer Crab Fried Rice
- 6 oz lump crab meat
- 2 medium eggs scrambled and cooked
- 2 packets Ready Rice Brown Rice cooked, I used 2 packets of Ready Rice
- ½ red onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil I use the hot chili sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil For the bottom of the round pan
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder optional for spice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes optional for spice
- Salt and pepper
- cilantro optional
- Cook the brown rice and place in the refrigerator. The rice will need to cool for 15-20 minutes. You can also place it in the freezer until cold.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the bottom of the push pan.
- Combine the cold rice, garlic, red onions, green onions, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Drizzle the remaining sesame oil throughout and stir.
- Add the mixture to the push pan. Place the push pan in the Air Fryer.
- Place the Air Fryer on 375 degrees. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Season the crab with the paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the push pan. Add the crab, fish sauce, and soy sauce to the rice. Blend well.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the rice. Mix in the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Cool before serving.