Easy Air Fryer Crab Fried Rice is a quick recipe that will show you how to cook white or brown rice in the air fryer with eggs and so much flavor.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I am a huge fan of fried rice. I especially love seafood crab frice. Be sure to check out my Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice recipe using a wok.
That recipe can be prepared using an Air Fryer by following similar instructions. Also, this recipe can be prepared using a wok, following similar instructions within my shrimp recipe.
There are a couple of Thai restaurants in Kansas City that have crab fried rice dishes that are to die for! When I have a craving for it, it is pretty much impossible to resist giving in.
This recipe allows me to give into those cravings, without any of the guilt. The restaurant-quality crab fried rice is usually prepared with jasmine rice, which isn’t terrible (in terms of macros). However, preparing the rice at home allows me to use whole grain brown rice, which is my favorite.
How to Make Fried Rice in the Air Fryer
- Place previously cooked, cold rice into a push pan sized for your air fryer.
- Add sesame oil, onions, green onions, garlic, and crushed red pepper to the rice and stir.
- Air fry for 15 minutes on 375 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and add lump crab, soy sauce, and fish sauce.
- Air fry for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan and add cooked and scrambled eggs.
I love eggs so I definitely wanted to include them in this recipe. You can use egg whites as well, or a combination of both.
There are so many ways you can vary this recipe. You can use bean sprouts, carrots, peas, fresh cucumber. I have had fried rice prepared many different ways.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Click here for a complete listing of Air Fryer Recipes.
Air Fryer Crab Fried Rice
- 6 oz lump crab meat
- 2 medium eggs scrambled and cooked
- 2 packets Ready Rice Brown Rice cooked, I used 2 packets of Ready Rice
- ½ red onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil I use the hot chili sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil For the bottom of the round pan
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder optional for spice
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes optional for spice
- Salt and pepper
- cilantro optional
- Cook the brown rice and place in the refrigerator. The rice will need to cool for 15-20 minutes. You can also place it in the freezer until cold.
- Add 1 teaspoon of sesame oil to the bottom of the push pan.
- Combine the cold rice, garlic, red onions, green onions, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Drizzle the remaining sesame oil throughout and stir.
- Add the mixture to the push pan. Place the push pan in the Air Fryer.
- Place the Air Fryer on 375 degrees. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Season the crab with the paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the push pan. Add the crab, fish sauce, and soy sauce to the rice. Blend well.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove the rice. Mix in the scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with cilantro.
- Cool before serving.