Skinny spicy shrimp fried rice is perfect if you love spicy food. If you aren’t a fan of spicy, use regular sesame seed oil and omit the red pepper flakes. You could also reduce the amount of chili powder you use. The Southwestern Style Eggbeaters is one of my key ingredients for fried rice. It’s the perfect compliment!
Calories: 349 Fat: 7G Net Carbs: 39G Protein: 28G
Spicy Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 pound shrimp peeled deveined
- 2 medium eggs
- 6 tablespoons Egg Beaters Southwestern Style
- 4 cup Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice 2 packets, cooked
- ½ red onion chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil I use the hot chili sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Cooking spray
- Salt and pepper
- Season the shrimp with the paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Scramble the eggs in the wok. Be careful not to over-cook the eggs.
- Remove the eggs from the wok and set aside on a plate.
- Add the sesame oil to the wok. Then add the garlic, red onions, green onions, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook briefly until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes until the shrimp is pink on both sides.
- Add the rice, eggs, bean sprouts, fish sauce, and soy sauce to the wok. Blend well.