Keto Low-Carb Classic Skinny Margarita Cocktails are the best sugar-free drinks that are low in calories! There is 1 net carb in this margarita on the rocks. Restaurant margaritas are loaded with sugar and carbs. Ditch their version for homemade!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Keto friendly cocktails can be difficult to come by if you aren’t armed with the appropriate information. This post includes tips on how to make your own drinks and also how to order when you are dining out in restaurants and/or bars.
Are Margaritas OK on Keto Diet? Are Margaritas Keto-Friendly?
A typical margarita is not keto-friendly. Most average about 500 calories and are loaded with refined sugar and sometimes high fructose corn syrup.
You can make your margarita keto-friendly by using natural ingredients.
How to Make Keto Margaritas?
- Gather your tequila, Be Mixed Natural Margarita Mixer, and a lime.
- Line the rim of a martini glass with lime and salt using a glass rimmer.
- Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice.
How to Order Low Carb Margarita
This post on How to Order a Skinny Margarita suggests that you first establish clear communication with the bartender and make them aware you do not want any sweet and sour mix in your margarita. Make sure they don’t add any agave nectar either, as that is just pure sugar as well.
Tell the bartender you want nothing but tequila and club soda. And then you want a slice of lime to squeeze into the drink.
What Makes a Skinny Margarita Skinny?
A skinny margarita typically omits the sweet and sour and other syrup which is high in calories and carbs. Sometimes orange juice is used instead, usually the focus is on calories and not net carbs (for which orange juice will not work for keto). You can read more about The Difference Between a Margarita and a Skinny Margarita here.
How Many Calories and Carbs Are in a Skinny Margarita?
This skinny margarita has 96 calories and 1 net carb.
How Many Calories Are in a 12oz Frozen Margarita?
The frozen margaritas from Chili’s Restaurant have 200-500 calories and 30-50 grams of carbs per cocktail.
How Much Sugar is in Skinny Girls Margaritas
The SkinnyGirl Margarita store-bought brand has 2 grams of carbs. The drink is lightly sweetened with agave.
Will Alcohol Knock You Out of Ketosis?
While I’m in ketosis one drink will usually do me just fine. I’m the type of girl who typically enjoys a few cocktails when I’m out for a good time. A keto lifestyle is completely different. You will feel the effects of alcohol a lot sooner. This is due to a change in metabolism and depleted glycogen.
In general, while on a healthy lifestyle alcohol can inhibit results if you are trying to lose weight. When you drink alcohol your liver will use the products of the metabolized alcohol instead of fat. Which means instead of burning fat, your body is working to get the alcohol out of your body.
Occasional drinks should not harm results. If you drink often during the week or every weekend, you could be slowing your fat-burning process down. Read more about If Alcohol Will Knock You Out of Ketosis here.
More Keto Cocktails Recipes
- 1.5-2 oz of tequila (2oz will produce a stronger cocktail)
- 4oz Be Mixed Margarita Cocktail Mixer
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice (divided)
- kosher salt to line time rim of the glass (or sweetener)
- Watch the video instructions below.
- Add one tablespoon of fresh lime juice and kosher salt (enough to line your margarita glass) to a glass rimmer.
- Dip the margarita glass in the fresh lime juice and then the salt to line the rim of the glass. You can also use sweetener.
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker.
- Next pour in the tequila, Be Mixed Margarita Cocktail Mixer, and one tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime.
- Shake the cocktail for several seconds.
- Pour the drink into the margarita glass.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Zero Calorie Margarita Cocktail Mixer by Be Mixed | Low Carb, Keto Friendly, Sugar Free and Gluten Free Drink Mix | 25 ounce Glass Bottle, 1 Count
- Libbey Colors Margarita Glass Set, 4-Piece
- 24 Ounce Cocktail Shaker Bar Set with Accessories - Martini Kit with Measuring Jigger and Mixing Spoon plus Drink Recipes Booklet - Professional Stainless Steel Bar Tools - Built-in Bartender Strainer
- BonBon Luxury Plastic 3-Tier Bar Glass Rimmer, Black
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1 cocktail
Amount Per ServingCalories 96 Total Fat 0g Carbohydrates 1 netg Protein 0g