This Hennessy Margarita Recipe is made with simple ingredients. If you love cognac, you will love these Henny-Ritas! We love to make ours with strawberries, but you can make it classic too! Enjoy this cocktail on the rocks or frozen.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
What is Hennessy?
Hennessy is one of the most premium cognacs. It’s made with grapes that come from the Cognac region of France. It has a pretty high alcohol content at 40% ABV. Hennessy VS (Very Special) is one of the most common variations and is aged for 2 years.
What Does Hennessy Taste Like?
It’s pretty smooth. You can taste hints of oak, vanilla, grapes, and other subtle fruits.
Fresh or Frozen Fruit
Either will work for the on-the-rocks version of this recipe. If you are making frozen margaritas, use frozen fruit. For a really thick texture, you will need to use frozen fruit and plenty of ice.
How to Make Hennessy Margaritas
- Add strawberries, sugar or sweetener, and water to a blender.
- Place a mesh strainer over a cup and strain the mixture into the cup.
- Add the strawberry puree, Hennessy, and lime juice to the blender.
- Blend until combined.
Additional Flavors and Substitutions
How Long they Will Last
You can store leftover cocktails in the fridge for 3 days.
How to Make a Classic Margarita with No Fruit
You can easily swap out the fruit in this recipe and make a classic margarita using triple sec, Cointreau, or Grand Marnier. Use 1-2 ounces per cocktail.
The great thing about making your own cocktails is you control how it tastes. If you like sweet drinks add sugar or sweetener to suit what you want. If you like strong drinks use more liquor. You can tailor this drink to suit your needs with no need to rely solely on the recipe.
More Cocktail Recipes
Hennessy Margarita Recipe
- 4 cups fruit (strawberries) Fresh or frozen; see notes.
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar or sweetener Adjust to taste. If you like sweet drinks, you may need more.
- 1/4 cup lime juice I used fresh limes.
- 1/2-1 cup Hennessy Adjust to suit your taste and how strong you like your cocktails.
- 2-4 cups ice Only needed if making frozen margaritas.
Margaritas on the Rocks
- Add the strawberries, sugar or sweetener, and water to a blender. Blend until the ingredients are combined.
- Place a mesh strainer over a cup and strain the mixture into the cup. This will create a strawberry puree and will leave the drink with a smooth consistency.
- Add the strawberry puree, Hennessy, and lime juice to the blender. Blend until combined.
- Pour the margaritas over ice.
- Combine all of the ingredients (including 2-4 cups of ice) to a blender. Blend until smooth. Add additional ice to thicken the margarita if necessary. Be sure to use frozen fruit if making frozen margaritas.