Original Blog Post Date: January 27, 2018
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay shipping. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Calories: 226 Fat: 14G Net Carbs: 6G Protein: 17G
Ok, Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken thighs, let’s go! I have been in the kitchen again experimenting with my Instant Pot. I often prepare recipes using chicken breasts with my Instant Pot. I decided to switch it up some and use chicken thighs. Chicken thighs can be a little more juicy, which is a major win!
How Long Do I Pressure Cook Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot?
How long does it take to cook chicken thighs in the Instant Pot? I pressure cook for 14 minutes. This produces tender, juicy chicken thighs.
Can I Put Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot?
Yes. You can use frozen chicken. Follow the same instructions outlined. Your Instant Pot should take longer to come to pressure.
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot?
For chicken thighs, you will set the Instant Pot for 14 minutes. It will take longer to come to pressure.
How Long Should Chicken Thighs Cook in the CrockPot?
I like to cook them for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
Do You Use Boneless or Bone-In Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot?
I used bone-in thighs. Both will work for this recipe.
This recipe is loaded with flavor. I love to add reduced-fat cream cheese to dishes that have a cream sauce. The cream cheese yields amazing results. The Better Than Bouillon Chicken flavor used in the recipe goes a really long way, as well. Purchase it here from Amazon.
This dish is great for a quick weeknight dinner or for advanced meal prep. My favorite side dish pairings for this recipe are brown rice or quinoa for carbohydrates.
Any steamed veggies will work well. Broccoli and green beans are my favorite If you are really strapped for time, I am in love with the steamable options at Costco.
Like I mentioned above, chicken thighs are JUICY! This cream sauce is so decadent and filled with flavor because it is prepared using the natural juices produced by the chicken….in addition to a few other amazing ingredients.
I am in love with my Instant Pot. I feel like I rarely use my oven anymore!
Instant Pot Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats
Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Watch the VIDEO!
Instant Pot Low-Carb Creamy Garlic Tuscan Chicken Thighs
- 4 chicken thighs fat trimmed if desired
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Better Than Bouillon Chicken Seasoning
- 1/4 cup parmesan reggiano cheese grated
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk I used unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp cornstarch or xanthan gum for strict keto If your sauce isn't thick enough add an additional tsp of cornstarch with an additional tsp of water
- 1 tsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley optional for garnish
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Pour the olive oil into the Instant Pot.
- Season the chicken with 1 tsp of the Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Place the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Brown both sides of the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken broth, milk, Better Than Bouillon and remaining Italian Seasoning to the pot.
- Close the Instant Pot and Seal. Cook on Manual/High-Pressure Cooking for 14 minutes.
- When the pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam.
- Open the pot and remove the chicken.
- Add the sundried tomatoes, cream cheese, whipping cream, parmesan reggiano, garlic, and spinach to the pot. Place the Instant Pot on the saute function.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted and the spinach has wilted.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir. Add it to the pot. This will thicken up the cream sauce. If your sauce isn't thick enough add an additional tsp of cornstarch with an additional tsp of water. Allow the sauce to continue to cook until it has reached your desired thickness. Stir repeatedly to ensure the sauce does not burn.
- Either add the chicken back to the pot with the cream sauce or place the chicken in a serving dish and drizzle the sauce throughout.
- Top with parsley.