Sponsored Post: This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
I am always looking for new lunch recipes so I decided to step up my sandwich game with Pepperidge Farm Farmhouse® Hearty White Bread, my homemade guacamole, and crunchy bacon.
Farmhouse Hearty White Bread is new and now a softer texture. The bread has a fresh from the oven taste. I love that it is thick-sliced and has no high fructose corn syrup. Be sure to check out a coupon here so that you can try it out for yourself!
I refer to this sandwich as grown-up grilled cheese, because this sandwich is much more epic than two slices of bread with cheese. I have an avocado obsession. I have found that avocado pairs nicely with almost anything. It is definitely an instant upgrade for any boring sandwich.
I am in love with guacamole. I really feel like I can pair it with anything. I have fond memories of the first time I was showed how to make guacamole. I learned several years ago during a girls trip. It was late August, so it was super hot outside. The temperatures were in the 100’s. A group of my friends decided we should plan a lake trip to get away for a weekend. We stayed in a lake house that belonged to one of my friend’s parents.
We spent the weekend doing what most girls do on trips. We gossiped, watched romantic comedies, and of course, we ate a lot of great food! Guacamole was a large part of this weekend. I had no idea it was so easy to make! Learning how to properly slice and pit avocados was probably the most challenging part.
By the end of the weekend, I was very comfortable with it all. I switched up the recipe to fit my tastes. I am sure you will love it!
Farmhouse Hearty White bread is only available at select locations. Be sure to click here for information on where to buy.
Grown-Up Guacamole Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1/4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Kosher salt to taste
- Cut the avocados in half and then remove the pits.
- Scoop out the avocado and place in a medium bowl.
- Toss and coat with lime juice.
- Add the salt and using a fork or potato masher, mash until completely smooth.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Taste the guacamole (over and over) and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to the skillet.
- Add a slice of bread to the skillet. Top the bread with ½ of the guacamole, 2 slices of cooked bacon, and ½ of the shredded cheese.
- Top the sandwich with another slice of bread.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bottom of the bread has browned. Flip to the other side. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes until browned and crisp.
- Repeat sandwich steps for the second sandwich.