Easy, Layered Nilla Wafer Banana Pudding Trifle is a southern, creamy, and quick dessert filled with vanilla pudding, nilla wafers, and cool whip whipped cream. This dish is the perfect no-bake dessert. Serve it on your favorite holidays!
It’s Labor Day Weekend! Every holiday weekend I am asked about what I plan to cook and bring to our annual friends and family cookout. This year I had help from my friend, Amber. She was in town visiting me from Chicago.
We have been friends for years, but I had yet to have any of her famous banana pudding trifle. I have watched her prepare it and take photos on social media countless times before. I wanted a turn! I also wanted a small “get out of cooking for the BBQ” free card. Amber saved the day!
Here is a link to the trifle bowl dish used in this recipe. You will definitely want to use one of these!
I went back and forth for a short while on whether I wanted to manipulate the ingredients to lighten-up the recipe some. After talking it through with Amber I decided against it. You guys know I can SNATCH pretty much any recipe.
This is Amber’s recipe. I felt like it should remain untouched. I also want to be sure my blog has Treat Yourself recipes. This recipe falls into that category. When you are consistently working hard to maintain a healthy lifestyle, you definitely deserve a reward from time to time.
I recently made Truffle Oil Mushroom Cheeseburgers that fall into this category as well. Be sure to check out the recipe!
I did the photography for these photos, but Amber did all of the food styling on her own. She did an amazing job, especially for someone who is not a food blogger!
We took the banana pudding to our friends and family BBQ and it was a major hit. There wasn’t any left to take home!
Pin me 🙂
Easy, Layered Banana Pudding Trifle
- 1 large box (5oz) Jell-O Cook and Serve Vanilla pudding not Instant
- 7 bananas sliced
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 1 box Nilla Wafers
- 1 16 oz container Cool Whip
- 2-3 strawberries sliced (optional)
- Heat a sauce pan over medium heat. Following the pudding package instructions, add the milk and pudding mix to the pan. Stir constantly until the mixture boils.
- Pour the pudding into a mixing bowl and allow the pudding to chill for at least 5 minutes while you prep the remaining ingredients.
- Add a layer of Nilla Wafers to the bottom of the trifle dish. Continue to layer the bowl by adding a layer of cool whip, then a layer of pudding, sliced bananas, and more Nilla Wafers.
- Top with wafers, bananas, and sliced strawberries. Crumble a few wafers to sprinkle throughout the top.
- Chill until serving.