Easter is coming! Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I know a lot of people’s favorite is Christmas. While the Christmas season is my favorite time of the year, Easter still wins it all by being my favorite holiday.
Here are links to the candy melts and the bunny molds used in this recipe.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B010N5R9XM” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B00GMPGW3Q” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B00H3TKP3S” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
I love using this gel. It works really well and help decorate features on the bunnies.
I love the true meaning of Easter. I also have very fond childhood memories that include getting my hair done at a salon, wearing a bright gorgeous dress, and of course those dreaded Easter speeches.
I have always been great at public speaking. The speeches never intimidated me. I also have the gift of memorization. Give me a long speech and a few days to study, and trust me…I’ve got this. And without any note cards!
Bunny butt recipes are super popular for Easter! If you look around, most recipes require you to make your own bunny butts. There is no bunny butt mold. You have to perfectly craft your own.
I am just not that talented, nor do I have the time! I host Easter dinner each year in my own home. I am responsible for all of the cooking. It would be nice to offer a full spread of treats, but I need something that is quick and easy. This recipe is just that.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”160″ identifier=”B00Y9GNZH6″ locale=”US” nw=”y”nf=”y” src=”https://www.staysnatched.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/41KNuzCsP9L.SL160.jpg” tag=”staysnatched-20″ width=”160″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00HSC4DJC” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”staysnatched-20″ cart=”n”]Easter Grass[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”103″ identifier=”B00HSC4DJC” locale=”US” nw=”y” src=”https://www.staysnatched.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/611mCPa6vmL.SL110.jpg” tag=”staysnatched-20″ width=”110″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B075JZWCSX” locale=”US” nw=”y” nf=”y” tag=”staysnatched-20″ cart=”n”]Grass Pots[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”110″ identifier=”B0722QR3FM” locale=”US” nw=”y” src=”https://www.staysnatched.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/41bIRbR9cIL.SL110.jpg” tag=”staysnatched-20″ width=”110″]
Easy Easter 3 Ingredient Bunny Butt Candy Pretzel Bites
- 12 oz Wilton Candy Melts 12 oz is one full bag. If you want to mix and match colors you can do so.
- 50 pretzels
- Betty Crocker Decorating Gel
- oil (such as coconut or olive) optional
- Place the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl. If using different colors, be sure to use a separate bowl for each.
- Heat the candy in the microwave in 20-second increments. Remove the bowl and stir. Place it back in the microwave. Repeat this process until the candy has melted.
- If the candy appears to be too thick. You can thin it out some using a small dab of oil. Stir the oil in. If you need to thin it out more, add more oil. Work slowly, but if you use too much oil, you can always add more candy.
- Pour the melted candy into the bunny molds. The candy molds can either cool at room temperature or you can place them in the refrigerator for faster cooling. Mine took about 15 minutes in the fridge.
- Test the molds by reviewing the edges to see if the candy has fully formed before removing them.
- Remove the candy from the mold. Using the remaining candy melt, spread melted candy along the outside left edge of half a pretzel.
- Adhere the pretzel to the back of the bunny. You want one side to stick to the bunny and the other side to hang off of the bunny. Repeat this step with the right side of another pretzel.
- Allow the pretzels to dry (pretzel-side up) for 15-20 minutes.
- Turn the pretzels over and decorate the bunny tails and feet with the white decorating gel. Allow the gel to dry.