Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala is on the agenda because I have a lot of cooking to do this weekend. I have my typical lunch and dinner meal prep on the agenda. I also added a breakfast item this week. Recently, I have cut time from my meal prep routine by prepping my breakfast each morning at work. “Prepping” means that I have been making toast in the office. I keep a supply of natural peanut butter and raw honey with me. Peanut butter toast with honey and a side of fresh fruit have become my staple.
Calories: 239 Fat: 2.7G Net Carbs: 10G Protein: 39G
I do not like to do the same thing for too long, so this week I added breakfast back to my meal prep routine. In addition to prepping my meals, I have a gathering with friends this weekend. I was recruited to bring a dish (shocker lol). So between 4 meals, friend’s gathering, yoga, and lazy couch time, I am slightly overwhelmed just thinking about it all.
Insert this dish to save the day. I love slow-cooker meals. They are SO EASY to prep. I have raved a bunch in previous posts about how the slow-cooker is king for amazing chicken breasts. Though I have raved in the past, I will rave again! I absolutely love how juicy and tender this chicken is. This dish has so much flavor!
I also have a similar recipe using my Instant Pot. Check out my Instant Pot Chicken Marsala recipe here.
[themify_box style=”black announcement”]
Click any of the links or photos below.
These Slow Cooker Liners will save your life! I love to line my slow-cooker with these so that there is less mess to clean up!
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”110″ identifier=”B00IE76Q7M” locale=”US” nw=”y” src=”https://www.staysnatched.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/51uIMuMc99L.SL110.jpg” tag=”staysnatched-20″ width=”110″]
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- 2 skinless chicken breasts 20 oz, sliced in half
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup marsala cooking wine
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons shallots chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning salt, and pepper to taste
- Season the 4 breasts (2 regular chicken breasts sliced in half) and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic, shallots, chicken broth, marsala, and mushrooms to the cooker.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Add the cornstarch and water to a small bowl. Whisk together. This will thicken up the chicken broth/marsala sauce.
- Add the mixture to the slow-cooker.
- Sprinkle parsley throughout.
- Adjust the heat on the slow cooker to high. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
Saturday 30th of March 2019
IUsing Arrorroot instead of cornstarch doesn't change the flavor but it does wonders for the carb count!. You can use in the same quantity.
Tuesday 13th of February 2018
I love chicken marsala, but have never made it in a slow cooker. Such a great idea!
Tuesday 13th of February 2018
It doesn’t get any easier when you let the slow cooker do the cooking! This is delicious and easy. My kind of meal. Thank you!