Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala is on the agenda because I have a lot of cooking to do this weekend. I have my typical lunch and dinner meal prep on the agenda. I also added a breakfast item this week. Recently, I have cut time from my meal prep routine by prepping my breakfast each morning at work. “Prepping” means that I have been making toast in the office. I keep a supply of natural peanut butter and raw honey with me. Peanut butter toast with honey and a side of fresh fruit have become my staple.
Calories: 239 Fat: 2.7G Net Carbs: 10G Protein: 39G
I do not like to do the same thing for too long, so this week I added breakfast back to my meal prep routine. In addition to prepping my meals, I have a gathering with friends this weekend. I was recruited to bring a dish (shocker lol). So between 4 meals, friend’s gathering, yoga, and lazy couch time, I am slightly overwhelmed just thinking about it all.
Insert this dish to save the day. I love slow-cooker meals. They are SO EASY to prep. I have raved a bunch in previous posts about how the slow-cooker is king for amazing chicken breasts. Though I have raved in the past, I will rave again! I absolutely love how juicy and tender this chicken is. This dish has so much flavor!
[themify_box style=”black announcement”]
Click any of the links or photos below.
These Slow Cooker Liners will save your life! I love to line my slow-cooker with these so that there is less mess to clean up!
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”110″ identifier=”B00IE76Q7M” locale=”US” nw=”y” src=”https://www.staysnatched.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/51uIMuMc99L.SL110.jpg” tag=”staysnatched-20″ width=”110″]
Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala
- 2 skinless chicken breasts 20 oz, sliced in half
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup marsala cooking wine
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons shallots chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning salt, and pepper to taste
- Season the 4 breasts (2 regular chicken breasts sliced in half) and place in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add the garlic, shallots, chicken broth, marsala, and mushrooms to the cooker.
- Cook for 5-6 hours on low.
- Add the cornstarch and water to a small bowl. Whisk together. This will thicken up the chicken broth/marsala sauce.
- Add the mixture to the slow-cooker.
- Sprinkle parsley throughout.
- Adjust the heat on the slow cooker to high. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.