Cilantro lime shrimp quinoa bowl with black beans and avocado makes is perfect for meal prep or weeknight dinners. This quick and easy recipe is healthy and loaded with immense flavor and tons of protein.
A Cilantro lime shrimp quinoa bowl is the perfect meal for a day like today! It has felt like spring all weekend. I am hoping the warm weather is here to stay. I was able to enjoy the weather this weekend. I spent my last moments of the weekend outdoors and firing up the grill. I grilled the shrimp in this recipe. The shrimp turned out amazing! You are more than welcome to sautee the shrimp in a skillet on the stove, as well.
Calories: 375 Fat: 9G Net Carbs: 29G Protein: 33.6G
I love to use shrimp in a dish like this because shrimp is lean and high in protein. A jumbo piece of shrimp has about 3 ounces of protein and little to no fat and carbs.
This recipe is loaded with immense flavor. I added the shrimp to a Ziploc bag. I then drizzled fresh lime juice throughout the bag and over the shrimp. I sprinkled the seasonings throughout. I allowed the shrimp to marinate in the fridge for about 45 minutes. I love to marinate, especially when grilling. This allows the juice and seasonings to soak into the shrimp.
For meal prep I added roasted broccoli and cauliflower. I also stored the avocado and additional lime separately. I do not want to heat the lime and avocado each day along with the shrimp, quinoa, beans, and veggies.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Quinoa Bowl
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 cups quinoa cooked
- 1 16.5 oz can black beans drained
- 1 lime juice of
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tsp McCormick's Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste
- Add the shrimp to a Ziploc bag. Drizzle the soy sauce and juice from the lime throughout. Sprinkle the seasonings and chopped cilantro throughout.
- Seal the bag and refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Cook the quinoa. I used Trader Joe's Frozen Organic quinoa. It microwaves for 3 1/2 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the Ziploc and load the shrimp into a grill pan. Grill the shrimp on medium heat for 3-4 minutes until the shrimp turns bright pink.
- Add the black beans to a saucepan. Cook on medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked shrimp, quinoa, sliced avocado, and black beans to a bowl. Garnish with fresh lime.