Easy Air Fryer Wontons is a quick homemade recipe loaded with cream cheese, chives, and green onions. This dish only requires 4 ingredients. You can enjoy this crispy, fried appetizer either savory or sweet by adding crushed pineapples!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
There’s no need to purchase the frozen wontons from the grocery store. You can make your own right at home in your air fryer and you only need a few ingredients!
How to Make Air Fryer Wontons
- Add softened cream cheese to a bowl along with chives, green onions, and sweetener. Mix.
- Lay wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Moisten the edge of each wrapper with water.
- Add 1 teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling to the middle of each wrapper.
- Fold each wrapper.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking oil. Place the wontons in the air fryer basket. Spritz with oil.
- Air fry.
How to Fold
- Triangle: Fold the wrapper in half to form a triangle.
- Rectangle: Fold the wrapper in half to form a rectangle.
- Rectangular Ignot: Fold the wrapper in half to form a rectangle. Pull down on the two lower corners of the wonton and seal the corners together.
Air Fryer Temperature
I recommend 370 degrees.
Cook Time/How Long to Cook
The wontons will need 7-10 minutes of cook time. Each air fryer brand will cook at varying speeds. Check-in on the wontons and fry them to your desired level of crisp.
How to Keep Wontons Crispy
Reheating them in the air fryer does the trick. After being sealed away and stored, they will soften some. You can reheat them in the air fryer, maybe add a spritz of oil if necessary.
More Options for Filling and Substitutes
- Ground Pork
- Shredded Cabbage
How to Cook Frozen Wontons
Store-bought, frozen can be cooked on 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
How to Freeze Them For Later
Store them in sealable bags or a tightly sealed container for up to a few months. Reheat the wontons from frozen in the air fryer on 350 degrees for 3-4 minutes or until warm.
More Air Fryer Recipes
More Take Out Recipes
Easy Air Fryer Wontons
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple I used fresh, you can also use canned. You can add more than 1/4 cup if you wish.
- Combine the cream cheese, green onions, sweetener, and chives in a medium bowl. If you are making pineapple wontons, add the wontons here as well. Stir well.
- Grab your wonton wrapper and dip your fingers into the small bowl of water and then use your wet fingers to line the 4 edges of the wonton wrapper. You can also use a cooking brush. Depending on the brand of wonton wrappers you use, you may want to consider double wrapping, if they are extremely thing.
- Add 1 teaspoon to 1 1/2 teaspoons of filling to the middle of the wrapper. Do not overfill, the filling will leak from the wonton. Smooth the filling with a spoon or spatula.
- Seal the wrapper diagonally to create a triangle shape. Ensure the edges are moist. This will keep the wrapper sealed. You can also fold them in a rectangluar shape.
- Spray cooking oil in the air fryer basket. Load the wontons in the basket and spritz with oil. Don't overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- Air fry on 370 degrees. Cook for 8-10 minutes. I did not flip the wontons. Each air fryer brand will cook at varying speeds. Check-in on the wontons and fry them to your desired level of crisp.
- I usually see wonton wrappers in the refrigerated section of the grocery store near produce.
- If you notice white dusting on the air fryer wrappers, you can spritz those areas with oil, or coat them with an egg wash.
- I usually make a batch of 1/2 savory and 1/2 with pineapples using 1/4 cup of pineapple. Feel free to double that if making full batch with pineapple.