This Easy Homemade Air Fryer Garlic Bread recipe can be made in 3 ways using butter, fresh garlic, and olive oil for the traditional flavor. Spice it up with Cajun seasoning or gooey mozzarella cheese.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Garlic bread or toast in the air fryer is super simple and convenient. No need to heat up the entire house.
What Type of Bread to Use
A baguette, French or Italian loaves will work great for this recipe. You can also grab Texas Toast.
How to Slice the Bread
How you slice it will vary based on the type of bread you use, and what size you want for your pieces. I used Italian bread and first sliced the loaf in half. Then I sliced one of the half pieces into 4 equal-sized pieces, and from there I sliced each of those in half.
This made 8 pieces using half a loaf of bread.
If you’re using a thin baguette, you may elect to simply slice your pieces without slicing the baguette in half, since it’s a lot thinner.
Flavors and How to Season the Bread
I have two favorite ways to season the bread. One is the traditional way with butter, olive oil, and parsley. I also love to use my Homemade Cajun Seasoning and rub for Cajun bread.
How to Make Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Slice the bread.
- Spread the garlic, olive oil butter mixture over the bread.
- Air fry.
How to Add Cheese
I love to make variations of this bread, so cheese bread is no exception! I use mozzarella because it’s gooey and is the best to use for a great cheese pull. Parmesan cheese works well and so will just about any cheese you like.
Air Fryer Temperature
I recommend 350 degrees.
Cook Time and How Long to Cook
Total cook time will vary based on the air fryer brand/model you use as every air fryer will cook at varying speeds. How you like your garlic bread will also determine the cook time. Total cook time will range from 5-8 minutes.
I like for my garlic bread to have a soft center with crisp edges. This usually takes 6-7 minutes for me.
How to Store Leftover Bread
Leftover bread can be store tightly wrapped on the counter for 2 days. You can store it in the fridge, but this will dry it out and make it stale.
Freeze leftover bread tightly sealed (I use foil) for up to 3 months. Defrost on the counter or overnight in the fridge.
Frozen garlic bread will follow a similar cook time for reheating.
Pair With These Recipes
Popular Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Garlic Bread (3 Ways)
Traditional Garlic Bread
- 3 tablespoons unsalted softened butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 garlic cloves Minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- French or Italian bread or a baguette
- shredded mozzarella cheese Optional for cheese bread
Cajun Garlic Bread
- 1-2 teaspoons Cajun Seasoning Add in addition to the servings noted above. Adjust to suit your taste.
- How you slice it will vary based on the type of bread you use, and what size you want for your pieces. If you are using a large, thick loaf slice the loaf in half. Then slice half of the bread into 4 equal-sized pieces. From there slice each of those in half to create 8 pieces.If you're using a baguette slice the bread into small portions.
- Combine the softened butter, olive oil, garlic, and parsley.
- Spread the garlic butter mixture over each piece of bread.(For cheese bread, add it during this step).
- Place the bread in the air fryer basket. Air fry on 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes until crisp.