The cold weather has returned to Kansas City. Insert Slow-Cooker white chicken chili HERE. It is February, so yes we should expect cold weather in the Midwest. Last week, we were teased with temperatures in the mid-70s, even low-80s on some days! I will not complain because I definitely got out to enjoy the weather. I did some day drinking on patios, washed my car, and went running outdoors a couple of times. It was perfect! Now we are back to reality. It’s cold out and I needed something hearty to warm me up.
Calories: 342 Fat: 9G Net Carbs: 23G Protein: 32.5G
White chicken chili provides a nice break from regular chili.
Lightened-Up Slow-Cooker White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili: creamy cheesy chili with chicken
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz can navy beans
- 1 16 oz can Great Northern beans
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 16 oz can Rotel diced tomatoes and chilis
- 1/3 cup whole kernel corn frozen
- 1 cup Colby and Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 1 package white chicken chili seasoning mix
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
Season the chicken breasts with the chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper.
Add all of the ingredients (except the cheese) to the slow-cooker.
Cook on low for 6-7 hours, high for 3-4 hours until the chicken turns white and is tender.
Remove the chicken from the slow-cooker and shred. Return the chicken to the crockpot.
Stir well to combine. Add the cheese to the slow-cooker. Stir. Allow the chili to cook for an additional 30 minutes or until the cheese is melted.