Skinny, flame-grilled steak fajitas make the perfect quick and easy weekend recipe. Summer is on the rise and I am absolutely elated! Summer is my FAVORITE time of year. I love hot weather. The hotter, the better. You will rarely hear me complain it is too hot. I recently returned from a vacation in Phoenix. The temperature averaged around 100 degrees. That was perfectly fine for me! I spent a ton of time at the pool. It was an incredible trip.
Skinny Flame-Grilled Steak Fajitas
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper chopped
- 8 oz sirloin steak fat trimmed
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced
- 6 organic flour tortillas
- 1 tsp unsalted butter
- 1 avocado sliced into thin pieces
- 1 tsp cilantro optional
- 1 lime juice of, optional
- Wash and trim the fat from the steak. Pat dry.
- Pour 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce on each side of the steak (1 tablespoon total).
- Combine the seasonings in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of the steak. Place the steak in a Ziploc bag.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of soy sauce to the Ziploc bag. Seal the bag, removing all air.
- Pat the outside of the bag to ensure added soy sauce saturates the meat.
- Place in fridge to marinate at least 4-6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Add the chopped veggies to a grilling tray. Grill for 4-5 minutes. Flip and turn the veggies to the other side. Grill an additional 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the tortillas to the grill. Grill each side for about 1 minute.
- Grill steak to preferred doneness (i.e. medium).
- Melt 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. After the steak has reached the desired doneness, using a cooking brush, brush the butter onto both sides of the steak while it’s on the grill.
- Remove the steak from the grill and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the steak horizontally on a cutting board, and slice steak into pieces.
- Place the tortilla on a flat surface. Fill with the veggies, avocado, and steak. Serve!