Calories: 64 Fat: 5G Net Carbs: 2G Protein: 2G
Kale has been the craze for quite some time. Kale is KING (that is what I read constantly). A single cup of kale contains:
Vitamin A: 206% of the RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance)
Vitamin K: 684% of the RDA
Vitamin C: 134% of the RDA
Eating more kale is a great way to increase the total nutrient content of your diet.
Kale does have a slightly bitter taste, especially if eaten raw, such as in a salad. This recipe takes the edge off, slightly.
- 2 bunches of kale stems removed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium heat with the olive oil. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Slowly add the kale and toss.
- Cover the skillet and allow to cook for 4-5 minutes as the kale begins to wilt.
- Uncover the skillet and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes and serve.