This Hot Girl Summer Salad is adapted from the viral Tiktok recipe featuring green bell peppers, cucumbers, red onion, sunflower seed kernels, eggs, Zesty Italian dressing, and more.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Origin of the Salad
I have seen a ton of posts on Tiktok for the Hot Girl Summer Salad, the original recipe originates from Jayria, @herdresscode, (on Tiktok). Her original post was in March of 2021 and promises to snatch your waist as she lost 20 pounds by eating it every day along with other vegetables.
I don’t plan to eat this salad for weight loss or as the only meal I eat each day. I’m always looking for salad recipes and couldn’t wait to try this one.
It wouldn’t shock me if she actually lost a lot of weight by eating the salad because weight loss is obtained through a calorie deficit. This salad isn’t high in calories, but it does lack the protein I would need for a meal replacement.
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onions
- Pepperoncini Peppers (Sweet, mild chili peppers, usually sold pickled. Also known as Tuscan Peppers, sweet Italian peppers, or golden Greek peppers.)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Zesty Italian Dressing
How to Make the Hot Girl Summer Salad
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Combine all of the vegetables in spices in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing throughout.
- Serve chilled or warm.
How it Tastes
The salad tastes great! My favorite part is the crunch from the sunflower kernels. This is amazing with bacon and/or shrimp!
Can You Make it Ahead/How to Store
Leftover salad can be stored in the fridge for 3-4 days tightly covered and sealed. If stored with the dressing, the dressing will seep into the vegetables and you will still have the flavor. If you want the same texture as a fresh salad, you may want to toss it in additional dressing.
Pair With These Main Dish Recipes
More Salad Recipes
Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Mango Fruit Salad
Watermelon Salad with Feta
Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Dressing
Zucchini Noodle Pasta Salad
Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
Rotini Vegetable Pasta Salad
Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Cheese
Southwest Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Hot Girl Summer Salad (Tiktok Viral Recipe)
- 1/2 cup diced green peppers
- 1/2 cup diced cucumbers Peeled.
- 1/4 cup diced red onions
- 2 boiled eggs Cooked, peeled, and chopped.
- 1/4 cup sunflower seed kernels
- 1/4 cup jarred pepperoncini peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons zesty Italian dressing Start with 2 tablespoons and add more to suit your taste if preferred. I used 1/4 cup.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Chill or serve immediately.