Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade Copycat Recipe is a quick low-carb, keto recipe that provides the perfect healthy alternative to this popular frozen drink. This milkshake uses only 4 ingredients and is made with freshly squeezed lemons, no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream, and you can top it with whipped cream. Ditch the excess calories and carbs for this skinny, homemade version.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Vanilla Icedream, that’s what Chick-fil-A calls their ice cream found in their frosted lemonade. The Icedream contains the following ingredients: milkfat and nonfat milk, sugar, contains less than 1% of: natural and artificial flavor, corn starch, mono and diglycerides, cellulose gum, guar gum, carrageenan, beta-carotene [for color])
The frosted lemonade also has water, lemon juice, sugar. If you order the diet version it has Splenda (dextrose, maltodextrin, sucralose), ingredients that have been linked to harmful side effects.
Just reading the ingredients gives me a small headache. I also think the frosted lemonade is a bit too sweet for my liking. I created this recipe so that I could make my own drink at home and focus on adding natural ingredients.
How Many Calories Are in a regular Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade?
A large regular frosted lemonade at Chick-fil-A has 400 calories. The diet version has 310 calories.
How Many Carbs Are in a regular Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade?
A large regular frosted lemonade at Chick-fil-A has 80 grams of carbs. The diet version has 55 grams of carbs. WOW. Now that is a ton of sugar. This version has 9 net carbs, but can be adjusted to less.
What Ice Cream Is Best To Use
I wanted to focus on an ice cream that is low in sugar and carbs. My favorites are Rebel and Enlightened. Rebel is a low-carb, high fat, keto-friendly option. It is sweetened with monkfruit, which is an organic sweetener. If you are looking for something low in fat, check out the macros on the ice cream brand you intend to use.
You will need to use vanilla ice cream. I recommend that you select a brand that has natural ingredients. Many of the sugar-free ice cream brands use splenda as a sweetener, as opposed to an organic sweetener.
I have tested this recipe using Rebel, Enlightened, and Halo Top. All of them work well. Rebel is my preferred choice.
How to Make Chick-fil-A Frozen Frosted Lemonade
- You will need vanilla ice cream, fresh squeezed lemons, ice, and Confectioner’s Sweetener. Confectioner’s is used instead of granular to prevent the taste of crystals/grains.
- Add the ingredients to the blender and blend for about 1 minute or until smooth.
Is Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade Dairy-Free?
If you use typical ice cream, this drink is not dairy-free. If you are looking for a dairy-free option, select an ice cream brand that is dairy-friendly.
Is This Drink Freezer Friendly?
Yes. I made several batches of this drink while recipe testing and recording the video for it. I froze the leftovers in mason jars. To defrost, I placed the jars on the counter for a couple of hours at room temperature. It was ready to serve afterward! Keep in mind, the texture will be the most creamy when served immediately after blending.
How to Get the Best Keto Macros
Fresh lemon has natural sugar, and as such, net carbs. You can reduce the amount of fresh lemon used in the recipe to reduce the net carbs and macros. You can use 1 lemon and save 3 net carbs per drink/serving.
Chick-fil-A Frosted Lemonade Copycat Recipe
- 2 fresh lemons (juice of)
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream I used the Rebel brand as it is low carb and sugar-free
- 2 cups ice
- 2-3 tablespoons Confectioner’s sweetener Use discount code STAYSNATCHED for savings. Start with 2 tablespoons of sweetener and adjust to your taste preference. 3 tablespoons or more is more in line with how sweet the drink is at Chick-fil-A.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend. I used the ice cream function. This resulted in 1 minute and 25 seconds of blend time. Use your judgment on what timing will work best with your machine. You should blend until the mixture becomes thick and creamy. The mixture should not be runny.
- Pour into glasses and serve.