Family-favorite meals are often the meals that are quick and easy to whip up and the whole family finds them tasty. This beef stir fry takes 20 minutes to make and is made with tender steak and your favorite vegetables.
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
What Type of Steak to Use
Flank steak works great for this recipe because it’s lean and boneless with lots of intense beef flavor. This steak is best used when marinated and grilled or sliced thin and stir-fried. Use whatever beef or steak you prefer.
What Type of Vegetables to Use
You can totally use your favorite vegetables or whatever you like in this recipe. I like to grab a package of fresh mixed vegetables so there is a nice variety. You can also use frozen vegetables. Frozen veggies will usually emit excess water in the pan as the vegetables cook. Be sure to drain the excess water to prevent a soggy meal. In general, I have better luck with fresh vegetables or thawed frozen vegetables when preparing a stir fry.
Here’s a list of veggies that work great in the recipe:
- Snap Peas
- Red Peppers
- Green Peppers
- Water Chestnuts
- Baby Corn
- Bok Choy
- Green Onions
What Type of Pan to Use
I recommend a cast-iron skillet or stainless steel pan because those will get really hot and are perfect for searing meat and vegetables, compared to a non-stick pan. I also use a large 12-inch cast iron pan for this recipe. You don’t want to overcrowd the pan with meat or vegetables while cooking. You will run into trouble getting the perfect sear if you do this. Cook in batches if necessary.
What to Pair with the Recipe
- White or Brown Rice
- Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice
- Pollo Asado Recipe
- Cauliflower Rice
- Fresh Spinach
- Fresh Mixed Greens
More Steak Recipes
Steak Stir Fry
- Add the stir fry sauce ingredients to a bowl and stir. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with olive oil. When hot, add the steak, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip the steak and cook until the steak has browned. Remove the steak from the pan and set it aside.
- Add additional olive oil to the pan if necessary. Add the vegetables to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add the cooked steak back to the pan along with the stir fry sauce. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes until the sauce is incorporated.