Keto Low-Carb Holiday Eggnog Drink is a quick and easy healthy recipe perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. This keto-friendly beverage can also transform into a cocktail if you wish to add your favorite keto alcohol. This recipe uses almond milk, heavy cream, nutmeg, and cinnamon to produce a delicious drink the whole family will love!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Calories: 237 Fat: 23G Net Carbs: 2G Protein: 6G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
Net Carbs = Total Carbs – Dietary Fiber – Sugar Alcohols like Xylitol and Erythritol. Check out this post on How to Calculate Net Carbs for more information.
Holiday cheer is in the air! I cannot believe how fast 2018 is flying by! This is typically the time of year we indulge in yummy food and delectable drinks! This keto low-carb eggnog is perfect for any holiday occasion. Store bought eggnog is loaded with sugar! Leave that at the grocery store this year and make your own!
How Do You Make Keto-Friendly Eggnog?
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Combine the egg yolks with Sweetener.
- Combine the egg yolks with the almond milk, heavy cream, and other ingredients on medium heat.
- Combine the egg whites with sweetener.
- Combine everything and then chill.
Can I Drink on Keto?
This is not an eggnog with alcohol, however, you can add it if you wish. The best keto-friendly alcohols are rum, vodka, whiskey, gin, and tequila. Check out this Best Low-Carb Alcoholic Beverages post for more information.
What Drinks are Ok on Keto?
Water is best! Coffee, tea, and low-carb dairy like unsweetened almond and coconut milk.
What is the Best Low-Carb Drink?
My answer will always be water. 🙂
The keto lifestyle can sometimes cause me to get dizzy and have brain fog. It can be really hard to focus. Each night before bed I like to drink bone broth. Kettle and Fire is my favorite brand. They have beef and chicken flavors. I add a little liquid aminos and hot sauce for flavor. You can sip it from a mug or eat it like a miso soup in a bowl.
I add 1 tablespoon of MCT oil to my coffee in the morning. This helps add additional fat to support keto macros and also helps with keto flu.
Perfect Keto just launched their Keto Almond Butter Brownie Bars. You can use my DISCOUNT to purchase them for 20% off! The bars are 3 net carbs and do not use any sugar alcohols. These will sell out quick! Use my discount code STAYSNATCHED and click here to snag yours today!
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Keto Low-Carb Holiday Eggnog Drink
Homemade Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
Be sure to watch the video above for step by step instruction!
- Add the almond milk, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to a saucepan on medium heat.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites in 2 different bowls.
- Beat/whisk the 4 egg yolks with the sweetener for one minute. This is important because you don't want the eggnog to clump.
- Add the egg yolks to the saucepan. Stir and whisk repeatedly to avoid lumps in the eggnog. Heat to 170 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer or standing mixer for 10 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon of sweetener to create a meringue and mix until the meringue forms. Add it to the warm mixture. Remove the eggnog from the heat and add it to a pitcher.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
Homemade Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Add the whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add in the sweetener. Mix until whipped cream forms.