Easy Keto Low Carb Eggnog Recipe is a quick, homemade recipe perfect for the holiday season. This sugar-free drink is made with almond milk and sprinkled with nutmeg and cinnamon. Toss in alcohol if you wish and serve it with whipped cream to make the perfect shake!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualified sales.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
Net Carbs = Total Carbs – Dietary Fiber – Sugar Alcohols like Xylitol and Erythritol. Check out this post on How to Calculate Net Carbs for more information.
Holiday cheer is in the air! This is typically the time of year we indulge in yummy food and delectable drinks for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years! Eggnog is perfect for any holiday occasion.
Is eggnog keto and can you have it on a keto diet? Store bought eggnog is loaded with sugar! Leave that at the grocery store this year and make your own!
How Do You Make Keto-Friendly Eggnog?
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Combine the egg yolks with Sweetener.
- Combine the egg yolks with the almond milk, heavy cream, and other ingredients on medium heat.
- Combine the egg whites with sweetener.
- Combine everything and then chill.
Can I Drink on Keto?
This is not an eggnog with alcohol, however, you can add it if you wish. The best keto-friendly alcohols are rum, vodka, whiskey, gin, and tequila. Check out this Best Low-Carb Alcoholic Beverages post for more information.
What Drinks are Ok on Keto?
Water is best! Coffee, tea, and low-carb dairy like unsweetened almond and coconut milk.
What is the Best Low-Carb Drink?
My answer will always be water. 🙂 You can check out my recommendation of the Best Keto Cocktails here.
Click here for a listing of all Keto Recipes.
Easy Keto Low Carb Eggnog Recipe
Homemade Whipped Cream (optional)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
Be sure to watch the video above for step by step instruction!
- Add the almond milk, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to a saucepan on medium heat.
- Separate the egg yolks and egg whites in 2 different bowls.
- Beat/whisk the 4 egg yolks with the sweetener for one minute. This is important because you don't want the eggnog to clump.
- Add the egg yolks to the saucepan. Stir and whisk repeatedly to avoid lumps in the eggnog. Heat to 170 degrees.
- Beat the egg whites with a hand mixer or standing mixer for 10 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon of sweetener to create a meringue and mix until the meringue forms. Add it to the warm mixture. Remove the eggnog from the heat and add it to a pitcher.
- Chill in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
Homemade Whipped Cream (Optional)
- Add the whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add in the sweetener. Mix until whipped cream forms.