This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Ok, Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken thighs, let’s go! I have been in the kitchen again experimenting with my Instant Pot. I often prepare recipes using chicken breasts with my Instant Pot. I decided to switch it up some and use chicken thighs. Chicken thighs can be a little more juicy, which is a major win!
Do You Use Boneless or Bone-in Thighs
I used bone-in thighs. Both will work for this recipe.
How Long to Cook Chicken Thighs in the Instant Pot
How long does it take to cook chicken thighs in the Instant Pot? I pressure cook for 14 minutes. This produces tender, juicy chicken thighs.
Can You Use Frozen Chicken?
Yes. You can use frozen chicken. Follow the same instructions outlined. Your Instant Pot should take longer to come to pressure. For chicken thighs, you will set the Instant Pot for 14 minutes. It will take longer to come to pressure.
How to Use a Slow Cooker or Crock Pot
I like to cook them for 4 hours on High or 8 hours on Low.
This recipe is loaded with flavor. I love to add reduced-fat cream cheese to dishes that have a cream sauce. The cream cheese yields amazing results. The Better Than Bouillon Chicken flavor used in the recipe goes a really long way, as well. Purchase it here from Amazon.
This dish is great for a quick weeknight dinner or for advanced meal prep. My favorite side dish pairings for this recipe are brown rice or quinoa for carbohydrates.
Any steamed veggies will work well. Broccoli and green beans are my favorite If you are really strapped for time, I am in love with the steamable options at Costco.
Like I mentioned above, chicken thighs are JUICY! This cream sauce is so decadent and filled with flavor because it is prepared using the natural juices produced by the chicken….in addition to a few other amazing ingredients.
I am in love with my Instant Pot. I feel like I rarely use my oven anymore!
Pair the chicken thighs with Instant Pot Southern Green Beans, Instant Pot Collard Greens, Instant Pot Cabbage, Air Fryer Garlic Green Beans, or Air Fryer Asparagus. Get more Instant Pot Recipes here.
Instant Pot Apple Pie Steel Cut Oats
Instant Pot Brisket
Instant Pot Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana Soup
Instant Pot Chicken, Seafood, and Sausage Gumbo
Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
Instant Pot Shrimp Risotto with Vegetables and Parmesan
Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Instant Pot Chicken and Spanish Rice (Arroz Con Pollo)
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Steak Tacos
Creamy Garlic Tuscan Chicken Thighs
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 bone-in chicken thighs fat trimmed if desired
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning divided
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon Chicken Seasoning
- 3/4 cup milk I used unsweetened almond milk.
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parmesan reggiano cheese grated
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 1/2 cups fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch or xanthan gum Xanthan gum is keto. Use 1 teaspoon. See notes for instructions.
- 1 tablespoon water
- Pour the olive oil into the Instant Pot.
- Season the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the Instant Pot on the Saute function. Brown both sides of the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Add the chicken broth, Better Than Bouillon and remaining Italian Seasoning to the pot.
- Close the Instant Pot and Seal. Cook on Manual/High-Pressure Cooking for 14 minutes.
- When the pot indicates it has finished, quick release the steam.
- Open the pot and remove the chicken.
- Add the almond milk, sundried tomatoes, cream cheese, whipping cream, parmesan reggiano, garlic, and spinach to the pot. Place the Instant Pot on the saute function.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until the cheese has melted and the spinach has wilted.
- Combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir. Add it to the pot. This will thicken up the cream sauce. If your sauce isn't thick enough add an additional tsp of cornstarch with an additional tsp of water. Allow the sauce to continue to cook until it has reached your desired thickness. Stir repeatedly to ensure the sauce does not burn. It will take about 10 minutes to fully thicken.
- Either add the chicken back to the pot with the cream sauce or place the chicken in a serving dish and drizzle the sauce throughout.
- If you don’t have an Instant Pot, cook your chicken however you wish and make the sauce on the side.
- If using xanthan gum, use 1/2 teaspoon and place it in small bowl. Grab 1-2 tablespoons of the cream sauce from the Instant Pot and combine it with the xanthan gum in the bowl. Stir until thick. Add it back to the pot and continue to stir until the sauce thickens.
- Cook time noted above includes estimated time for the Instant Pot to come to pressure.
- This dish is prepared with additional cream sauce than what is necessary for 4 pieces of chicken. This is my preferred way to prepare the dish, as I use the sauce to compliment side dishes like broccoli and cauliflower mash. It also helps tremendously with reheating leftovers. No dry chicken!
- If you desire less cream sauce, reduce the almond milk to 1/3rd or 1/2 a cup. The serving sizes of the remaining ingredients will stay the same.