I love brussels sprouts, these caramelized balsamic bacon brussels sprouts are just the trick. I spent days thinking about which green veggie I would use for New Year’s dinner. Brussels sprouts seemed like the best choice. Though they are becoming more and popular, they still aren’t a common side dish. Of course, I wanted a very special dinner for New Years Day! I wanted something that would make me feel great about 2017. This dish is under 80 calories, SCORE!
Calories: 79 Fat: 1G Carbs: 7G Protein: 5G
Pin Me! 🙂
Caramelized Balsamic Bacon Brussels Sprouts with Garlic
- 3 slices uncured, nitrate-free bacon
- 30 brussels sprouts sliced in half
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/4 onion sliced
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Cook the bacon in the pan for 2-3 minutes, turn to cook both sides.
- Add the garlic and onions. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the brussels sprouts. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently.
- Stir in the balsamic vinegar. Cook for 1-2 minutes.