Easy Keto Low-Carb Eggs, Cheese, and Chorizo Sausage Breakfast Scramble Meal Prep is a ketogenic no-bake casserole recipe that includes great breakfast ideas for make ahead meals. This skillet dish is similar to a breakfast casserole and includes keto-friendly sausage and peppers, along with other vegetables. Looking for keto sausage brands? This post covers it.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Calories: 367 Fat: 27G Net Carbs: 6G Protein: 25G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
Net Carbs = Total Carbs – Dietary Fiber – Sugar Alcohols like Xylitol and Erythritol. Check out this post on How to Calculate Net Carbs for more information.
The number one keto breakfast complaint that I hear repeatedly that I can relate to is, “I’m tired of eating eggs.” I feel you! Eating the same breakfast over and over can get tiresome! Especially if you meal prep! Trust me, this no-bake casserole recipe will pull you out of your rut.
What is a Good Keto Breakfast? What Can I Eat For Breakfast on a Ketogenic Diet?
For me the best keto breakfasts are easy! Breakfast casseroles also make it really easy.
- butter coffee
- omelets (eggs with veggies)
I also like to make ahead and meal prep my breakfast in advance. Bacon, Egg, Cheese Egg Cups are great for meal prep.
My Keto Low-Carb Bacon Egg and Spinach Breakfast Casserole recipe is very popular. Looking for French toast? Check out this Keto French Toast Casserole recipe.
Can You Eat Sausage on the Keto Diet?
Most meats are carb-free and great for the keto diet. I recommend going for organic sausage that isn’t loaded with a ton of preservatives. I love the breakfast sausage options from Butcherbox. The Butcherbox has no added sugar and is only seasoned with salt, pepper, and sage.
Can You Eat Chorizo on a Keto Diet?
Yes, like most meats chorizo sausage is very low in carbs.
Is Chorizo Carb Free?
Chorizo is practically carb-free and is low in carbs.
Is Sausage and Eggs a Good Breakfast?
Sausage and eggs make a great breakfast. This combination is also great for keto macros. Because of the eggs and sausage this breakfast is also moderate in protein. Be sure to keep note of your personal keto macros.
How Do You Make Breakfast Sausage and Eggs?
- Choose which type of ground sausage you would like to use.
- Brown the sausage with the vegetables.
- Remove the sausage and scramble the eggs.
- Add everything back to the pan and serve.
Can I Eat Oatmeal on Keto?
Oats have carbs and aren’t keto. This Low Carb Oatmeal recipe provides a modified version.
Is Greek Yogurt Ok on Keto Diet?
Plain Greek yogurt is fine. Read the labels and look for yogurt that doesn’t have any sugar.
The keto lifestyle can sometimes cause me to get dizzy and have brain fog. It can be really hard to focus. Each night before bed I like to drink bone broth. Kettle and Fire is my favorite brand. They have beef and chicken flavors. I add a little liquid aminos and hot sauce for flavor. You can sip it from a mug or eat it like a miso soup in a bowl.
I add 1 tablespoon of MCT oil to my coffee in the morning. This helps add additional fat to support keto macros and also helps with keto flu.
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Easy Keto Low-Carb Eggs, Cheese, and Chorizo Sausage Breakfast Scramble Meal Prep
- cooking oil
- 6 oz chorizo sausage
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 8 large eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups shredded smoked cheddar cheese You can also use 3/4 cheddar and 3/4 smoked cheddar
- sour cream
- green onions
- Add cooking oil (olive oil works well) to a skillet on medium-high heat with the mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers, yellow peppers, and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chorizo sausage. Brown the chorizo sausage and break it down into bits with a spatula.
- Cook until the vegetables become soft and the sausage browns completely. Add the spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes until the spinach wilts.
- Remove all of the food from the pan. If there is excess oil from the sausage, drain it, but don't dry out the pan completely.
- Scramble the eggs on medium-high heat.
- Season the eggs with salt and pepper to taste. Add in the almond milk. Cook until the eggs are fluffy.
- Add the sausage and veggies mixture back to the pot.
- Stir to combine everything. Top with shredded cheese. You can allow the cheese to melt in the skillet or follow the optional broil instructions below.
Optional Broil To Melt Cheese
- Turn the oven onto broil and broil the skillet with the shredded cheese for 2-3 minutes to melt the cheese.