Healthy, guilt-free Dutch oven mashed potatoes were the second dish I tried out with my Dutch oven. For Christmas, I used my new Dutch oven and created a Skin-On Mashed Potatoes with Bacon recipe.
Calories: 230 Fat: 7G Net Carbs: 31G Protein: 9G
Weight Watchers Smart Points: 8
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B000N501BK” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
The dish was a hit with my family and has also become one of the most popular posts on my site. I definitely had to come up with a slimmer version that is more macro-friendly. The potatoes pair well with lean meat and a side salad or steamed veggies.
Those are a few options that will work well and keep the overall carb count low for the entire meal. I added Greek yogurt to this recipe because of the added protein benefit. Plain Greek yogurt tastes very similar to sour cream. It also helps add a creamy texture to the potatoes.
Healthy, Guilt-Free Skin-On Dutch Oven Mashed Potatoes
- Fill the Dutch oven with water and add salt (about a teaspoon). Add the potatoes.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the potatoes are soft (test with a fork).
- Drain the water and remove the potatoes.
- Add the almond milk to the oven and heat on the stove over low heat.
- Add the potatoes and mash with the skins on.
- Add the butter, garlic, cream cheese, and Greek yogurt.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients.
- Add the paprika and salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle with chives.