Easy Grilled Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Kabob Skewers is a quick and easy shish kabobs or kebobs low-carb recipe filled with juicy grilled chicken, fresh pineapple, ginger, and minced garlic. This dish is perfect for summer and Memorial Day and Fourth of July holiday cookouts.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” identifier=”B01JRU8GIQ” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
Brace yourself for these Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Skewers! It’s Fourth of July weekend, which means grilling! There are so many grilled foods that can be prepped healthy. This chicken recipe is a perfect example. These chicken skewers have the perfect balance of savory and sweet. Pineapple, BBQ sauce, and juicy chicken….hello summer!
These skewers make the perfect quick and easy recipe. I recommend marinating the chicken beforehand. Marinating allows the chicken to soak up all of the juices. This produces juicy chicken! Now that summer has rolled in, the sun is setting a lot later each day. This is the kind of recipe I can marinate and throw it in the fridge in the morning before work, then come home after and toss on the grill for 10 minutes.
The cooking brush is a crucial step! I usually glaze all of my meat with some form of liquid immediately before removing it from the grill. A little BBQ sauce here adds a little pop, and of course more flavor!
These skewers are perfect for meal prep as well. I LOVE to meal prep grilled dishes because the food usually has sooooo much flavor. Flavor is key for advanced prep. It helps prevent you from growing tired of eating the same lunch each day.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B0140ZN2EQ” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
Pin Me 🙂
Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken Skewers
- 1 pound skinless chicken breasts chopped into large chunks
- 3/4 pound fresh pineapple chopped into large chunks
- 1 red bell pepper sliced into large pieces
- 1 cup red onion sliced into large pieces
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped ginger I used the ready-made ginger in a jar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp BBQ sauce
- McCormick's Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning to taste
- McCormick's Grill Mates BBQ Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the chopped chicken with the seasonings.
- Place the chicken in a Ziploc bag. Add the soy sauce, ginger, minced garlic, and 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce to the bag.
- Remove any air from the bag and seal. Shake the bag until all of the chicken is coated with sauce.
- Marinate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Place the chicken, onions, red pepper, and pineapples on the skewers. Save the cherry tomato for last.
- Turn a grill on medium-high heat. Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Brush the remaining BBQ sauce over each of skewers before removing from the grill.
- Allow to cool before serving.