Keto Low-Carb Flourless Lemon Chicken Piccata is a quick recipe that uses almond flour, chicken cutlets, capers, and fresh lemon to make the perfect weeknight meal prep dinner! This Italian savory dish is gluten-free and made keto-style! Add in artichokes if you wish!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
The Keto Essential Cookbook is available NOW for FREE! For a hard copy, you only pay the shipping and handling. Get over 100+ scrumptious recipes with net carb, fat, protein, and calorie count for every recipe. Click here to purchase yours today!
Calories: 518 Fat: 40G Net Carbs: 4G Protein: 45G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
Looking for a meal prep friendly dish that is also great for weeknight dinners? This keto lemon chicken piccata is the perfect dish! I like to serve chicken breasts drenched in a sauce because it makes a great meal to reheat the next day.
What is Chicken Piccata?
Chicken piccata is a dish that uses sauteed chicken that is served with lemon juice, butter, and capers. I also like to add a little dry, white wine for additional flavor. This is optional.
How Do You Make Keto Lemon Chicken Picatta?
- Gather 2 chicken breasts and slice them in half to make cutlets.
- I like to bread the chicken using almond flour and grated parmesan. Very finely grated parmesan will work best.
- Heat a skillet with oil and butter and fry the chicken.
- Remove the chicken. Add additional butter to the pan with capers, garlic, and white wine. Simmer.
- Serve the chicken alongside the sauce.
What Are Capers?
Capers are flower buds that grow on a plant. They are both sweet and salty and pack soooooo much flavor! They are definitely the star of this dish (and maybe the white wine, too).
How Many Carbs are in Capers?
There is less than a gram of carbs per serving.
Is Keto Lemon Chicken Piccata Freezer Friendly?
Yes! Feel free to store the dish (tightly sealed). Defrost before reheating.
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Keto Low-Carb Flourless Lemon Chicken Piccata
- 1/3 cup almond flour I used Nature's Eats, blanched
- 1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- McCormicks Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 tablespoons butter 1 tablespoon divided and 3 tablespoons
- 16-20 oz skinless chicken breasts sliced in half to create 4 cutlets
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup dry white wine optional
- ¼ cup capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley optional garnish
- Combine the almond flour, grated parmesan, chicken seasoning, and salt and pepper in a bowl large enough to dredge the chicken.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of olive oil over both sides of the chicken. Dredge the chicken in the almond flour mixture.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of butter to the pan.
- Add the chicken to the pan. Fry both sides of the chicken until each side has browned and the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees. About 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add 3 tablespoons of butter to the pan with the garlic, still on medium-high heat. Allow the butter to melt and become brown.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the chicken broth, lemon juice, and capers, and by scraping up the brown bits that have formed in the pan (there's so much flavor here).
- Once the sauce boils, adjust the temperature to medium-low and allow the sauce to simmer for 3-4 minutes. The sauce should thicken some.
- Return the chicken to the pan. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Cool before serving.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)