Warm Baked Spinach Cheese Dip is the best, simple appetizer recipe. This veggie dip is loaded with cream cheese, sour cream, and gooey melted cheese. You can throw in artichokes if you wish!
This post contains affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
This recipe was originally published in 2017. It has since been updated.
What Type of Cheese to Use
You will need Parmesan Reggiano cheese, white cheddar, mozzarella, and cream cheese. Ultimately, you can use whatever cheese you wish.
Parmesan Reggiano (the real name is Parmigiano Reggiano) is high-quality cheese. It’s REAL Parmesan and is always made in Italy. Cheese labeled “Parmesan Cheese” can be made anywhere and is an imitation. Parmigiano Reggiano is more expensive and has a noticeable difference in taste. Once you’ve had it, you will never want to go back to imitation.
I recommend you purchase the cheese in block form and grate it yourself. Pre-shredded cheese has potato starch and chemical preservatives. It doesn’t melt as well and won’t get the dip super creamy.
What Type of Spinach to Use. Fresh or Frozen?
You can use either fresh or frozen. If you use frozen you will need to thaw it first, and drain all of the excess water. If you use a frozen block, once it melts the remaining liquid will create a soupy mess and you will struggle to thicken the dip.
If using thawed frozen, be sure to properly drain the excess water. Otherwise, you will encounter the issue noted above.
How to Make Warm Baked Spinach Cheese Dip
Detailed measurements and full instructions can be found in the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Combine mayo, sour cream, cream cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, white cheddar cheese, frozen spinach, and chopped green onions in a mixing bowl.
- Stir to combine.
- Load the dip into a baking dish and bake!
Substitutions and Additional Topping Ideas
- Sundried Tomatoes
How to Store
What to Pair With the Dip
- Parmesan Cheese Crips
- Broccoli Florets
- Cauliflower Florets
More Dip Recipes
Hot Crab Dip
Bacon Spinach Artichoke Dip
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
Million Dollar Dip
Homemade Queso Cheese Dip
Warm Baked Spinach Cheese Dip
- 5 tablespoons mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened or room temperature)
- 2-3 garlic cloves Minced
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano reggiano cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 16 oz frozen chopped spinach thawed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drain the excess water from the spinach.
- Place the cream cheese in a small bowl and microwave for 15 seconds to soften. You can also use room temperature cream cheese.
- Add the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, shredded cheese, garlic, salt and pepper to taste to a mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add in the drained spinach and green onions. Stir.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Add the dip to the dish. Bake for 15-22 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cool before serving.
Monday 29th of November 2021
Super easy and delicious! I split the recipe in half - we demolished half of it on Thanksgiving and then I brought the other half to a get together the next day to rave reviews. I normally follow recipes exactly, but I used whipped cream cheese since that's all I had, and it was super easy to mix in. Adding this into my rotation of party contributions!
Tuesday 30th of November 2021
I'm so glad to hear that!
Sunday 7th of February 2021
Sooo good! I added artichokes. My husband loves spinach and artichoke dip and said this was really good. He was even eating it before I placed it on the oven. Thank you for another easy and delicious recipe.
Monday 8th of February 2021
Artichokes is great to add to this!
Saturday 23rd of January 2021
I make this every time I plan to have a Netflix binge. It is that good for mindless snacking without the guilt while on Keto.
I’ve mad this a half dozen times, and am making it again tonight. 10/10. Make it.
Monday 25th of January 2021
That's such a great idea!
Monday 28th of December 2020
This dip is incredible, and so easy to make. It’s my go-to any time I’m in charge of making an appetizer, and it never fails to impress. Will be coming back to this again and again!
Tuesday 29th of December 2020
I love to hear that. I'm glad you enjoy it.
Friday 11th of December 2020
Yet another AMAZING recipe from Brandi. So easy, straightforward and delicious, I doubt anyone will ever have leftovers of this!! Will definitely be making this throughout the holidays this year
Monday 14th of December 2020
Wonderful! I'm so glad you enjoyed it.