Easy Air Fryer Chicken and Cheese Taco Quesadillas is a quick, kid-friendly recipe. This post outlines how long to cook cheese quesadillas in the air fryer. This Mexican appetizer is loaded with rotisserie chicken, chili powder, cumin, and gooey melted cheese.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
FOR THE FULL LIST OF INGREDIENTS AND COMPREHENSIVE INSTRUCTIONS, PLEASE SEE THE RECIPE CARD AT THE END OF THIS POST. BEFORE YOU SCROLL, THERE’S IMPORTANT INFORMATION IN THIS BLOG POST.
Calories: 317 Fat: 14G Net Carbs: 25G Protein: 26G
Macros are provided as a courtesy and calculated using MyFitnessPal. Calculate your specific macros using the exact brand ingredients you use and the macros calculator of your choice.
This past week I got a craving for quesadillas. This craving led me to give my air fryer another run! This dish is quick and easy to make. While grocery shopping at Costco I picked up a fully cooked rotisserie chicken for $5. I shredded up some of the chicken for the quesadillas and saved the rest of the chicken for another meal.
How Long Do You Cook Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas in the Air Fryer?
I did 6 minutes total for this recipe. Add additional time if you want them to be extra crispy.
How Do You Make Air Fryer Chicken and Cheese Quesadillas?
- Load a tortilla in the air fryer.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese throughout.
- Load in vegetables and chicken.
- Top with another tortilla. Air fry for 6 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Some air fryer brands will require a layer pan to hold down the tortilla to keep it from moving throughout the air fryer.
How Long Do You Cook Frozen Quesadillas?
Frozen quesadillas will need 10-15 minutes of cook time.
How Do You Store Air Fryer Quesadillas?
Store them tightly sealed and in plastic bags. Reheat the quesadillas in the air fryer.
What Toppings Can Be Paired with Air Fryer Quesadillas?
Sour cream, guacamole, salsa, lettuce, black olives, melted cheese, etc. There are so many options.
Pair these with my Homemade Air Fryer French Fries.
WATCH THE VIDEO!
Easy Air Fryer Chicken and Cheese Taco Quesadillas
- I purchased a rotisserie chicken from Costco. Their chicken comes seasoned and is free of hormones and steroids. I shredded portions of the breast and legs.
- Season the chicken with the chili powder and cumin. If you aren’t using cooked rotisserie you will have to season the chicken with salt and pepper as well.
- Line the air fryer with a tortilla shell. I didn’t have to use any oil in the basket and the quesadilla did not stick to the basket. (Note: I have tested this recipe using an air fryer parchment paper liner and find it works best to go without the liner. The liner made it harder to flip the quesadilla)
- Add ½ cup of cheese to the tortilla. (If you are using multiple types of cheese, be sure to mix them.)
- I added the remaining ingredients in the following order: Onion, tomatoes, and then the chicken.
- Top with 1 additional tortilla.
- Cook for 3 minutes on 370 degrees.
- Open the air fryer and flip the quesadilla. I found the easiest way to do this, was to use a spatula and remove the quesadilla and place it on a plate. I flipped it on the plate and added it back to the air fryer.
- Cook for an additional 3 minutes. Use your judgment. You want to cook it long enough so that the cheese melts. For crunchy quesadillas, cook them longer.
- Remove the quesadilla from the air fryer. Slice and serve.