This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Easy, Healthy, and Baked Crunchy Sweet Potato Fries is a crispy, fries recipe with garlic, avocado aioli dipping sauce. This low-calorie side dish makes the perfect side dish or snack!
Click here to pre-order now!
I absolutely LOVE French fries, so it is time to tackle healthy sweet potato fries that are crispy and crunchy. I am a huge burger person, so naturally, I love fries as well. My favorites are the really thick, steak fries type. It can be hard to resist a craving for fries. Carbs are my weakness. Sweet potatoes are a great way to mildly reduce guilt. They have a lot less starch than regular potatoes and still taste great!
Calories: 94 Fat: 4G Net Carbs: 13G Protein: 1G
I paired my Garlic Avocado Aioli with the fries. The combination was great! A paired dipping sauce really brings out the amazing quality of these fries.
Before placing the fries in the oven, I lightly brushed them with oil to help produce the perfect crunch.
The color of the spices becomes really bold while baking.
Tools and Ingredients to help with this recipe:
Healthy Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl with cold water.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to soak in the water for an hour.
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- As the oven preheats place a baking pan in the oven for 6-8 minutes so that it becomes warm.
- Drain the water from the bowl with the sweet potatoes. Dry the sweet potatoes with paper towels.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a Ziploc bag with the corn starch.
- Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the fries.
- Remove the heated pan from the oven. Line the pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Spread the fries onto the pan and coat them with the oil and seasonings. Make sure the fries do not touch.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Test the fries with a fork. If they are tender, flip them using a spatula.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp.
- Turn the oven off and leave the oven door open.
- Keep the fries in the oven for about 5 additional minutes.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)