This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Easy, Healthy, and Baked Crunchy Sweet Potato Fries is a crispy, fries recipe with garlic, avocado aioli dipping sauce. This low-calorie side dish makes the perfect side dish or snack!
Click here to pre-order now!
I absolutely LOVE French fries, so it is time to tackle healthy sweet potato fries that are crispy and crunchy. I am a huge burger person, so naturally, I love fries as well. My favorites are the really thick, steak fries type. It can be hard to resist a craving for fries. Carbs are my weakness. Sweet potatoes are a great way to mildly reduce guilt. They have a lot less starch than regular potatoes and still taste great!
Calories: 94 Fat: 4G Net Carbs: 13G Protein: 1G
I paired my Garlic Avocado Aioli with the fries. The combination was great! A paired dipping sauce really brings out the amazing quality of these fries.
Before placing the fries in the oven, I lightly brushed them with oil to help produce the perfect crunch.
The color of the spices becomes really bold while baking.
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B01GH5KQLO” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
Tools and Ingredients to help with this recipe:
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01AGQ027S” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]Bellemain Heavy Duty Aluminum Half Sheet Pan, 18″ x 13″ x 1″[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B004ZK3L8Y” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00TOM2ESG” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]SWEET POTATOES FRESH PRODUCE FRUIT VEGETABLES PER POUND[/easyazon_link]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00CNNIB9O” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]Avocados, 6 Lbs California Hass[/easyazon_link]
Healthy Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and cut lengthwise
- 1 1/2 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place the sliced sweet potatoes in a large bowl with cold water.
- Allow the sweet potatoes to soak in the water for an hour.
- Preheat oven 450 degrees.
- As the oven preheats place a baking pan in the oven for 6-8 minutes so that it becomes warm.
- Drain the water from the bowl with the sweet potatoes. Dry the sweet potatoes with paper towels.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a Ziploc bag with the corn starch.
- Seal the bag and shake to evenly coat the fries.
- Remove the heated pan from the oven. Line the pan with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Spread the fries onto the pan and coat them with the oil and seasonings. Make sure the fries do not touch.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Test the fries with a fork. If they are tender, flip them using a spatula.
- Bake for another 5-10 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp.
- Turn the oven off and leave the oven door open.
- Keep the fries in the oven for about 5 additional minutes.
Nutrition (displayed with net carbs)
Friday 29th of January 2021
I attempted to make this without a recipe and the fries were fine but nothing to brag about. Then I decided to try this recipe and the tip to pre-soak I think really made a HUGE difference! The flavor! The crispiness!! I can't wait to make these again!
Wednesday 3rd of February 2021
I'm so glad you enjoyed these.
Monday 29th of June 2020
I have never gotten my sweet potato fries crispy in the oven before today! Thank you!
Monday 29th of June 2020
You're welcome! Glad it worked for you!
Thursday 20th of February 2020
Is every 6 pieces of these fries 94kcal?
Friday 16th of February 2018
What would you recommend to serve these with? x
Sunday 18th of February 2018
The garlic avocado aioli recipe I noted above.
Agness of Run Agness Run
Wednesday 24th of May 2017
I love sweet potatoes and this recipe is just awesome, Brandi! My mouth is watering right now.