Slow-Cooker Beef Taco Nacho Chili is the perfect cure for my busy schedule these days. It’s Super Bowl weekend! YES! Amazing food, drinks, and conversation with friends are on the agenda. I feel like I have been non-stop busy since the holiday season. There definitely haven’t been any dull moments in my snatched world! So, in addition to my normal weekend meal prep routine, I am cooking two dishes for a Super Bowl party with my friends. I decided to bring my Mac and Cheese Bites and my infamous Shrimp Scampi Dip, which is ALWAYS requested from my friends.
Calories: 386 Fat: 15G Net Carbs: 28G Protein: 31G
I have said it before in all of my slow-cooker posts, using a slow-cooker saves me! I try really hard to not use my busy schedule as an excuse for why I can not get my meal prep done. For this dish, I spent a few minutes browning the ground beef. Then I added the majority of the ingredients to the slow-cooker and let it do all of the work. This freed up my time to continue on with another meal for myself, and the side dishes I planned to take to the party.
Slow-Cooker Beef Nacho Taco Chili
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can Campbell's Fiesta Nacho Soup
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 cup whole kernel corn frozen
- 1 15 oz can reduced-sodium black beans
- 1 15 oz can Rotel
- 1 cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and onions. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and half of the servings of onions and garlic.
- Season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Break the beef into smaller chunks.
- Cook until the beef is no longer pink.
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the shredded cheese, cilantro and green onions) to the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Add the shredded cheese to the slow cooker.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes on low, or 10-15 minutes on high.