My shrimp scampi dip dip has become the go-to side dish I bring to family and friends’ functions. My friends repeatedly request it. It sounds like a weird combination, but goodness, it’s amazing. It is served warm and is packed with so much flavor. This is not a healthy dish by any means. It is designated in the “Treat Yourself” category for good reason. We all need to indulge from time to time. With Thanksgiving approaching, I thought this recipe would be perfect to share for a potential holiday appetizer.
SPOILER ALERT: I have several friends who do not like mayo. They love this dip and have no idea it includes mayo. The wine and cheese really go to work in this recipe.
I love how cheesy dishes look in the oven when they bubble over! I consider it a sign of success!
Shrimp Scampi Dip
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juice
- 1 cup parmigiano reggiano shredded
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup sharp cheddar shredded
- 1 cup white cheddar shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- McCormick's Grill Mates Montreal Chicken Seasoning and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate the shrimp into two groups, reserving 5-6 shrimp in a group for the topping.
- Cut the remaining shrimp into small pieces.
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the shrimp, season, and cook until it just turns pink.
- Remove the shrimp and store on a plate.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add the wine and lemon juice and simmer.
- Add the cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, mozzarella, cheeses and stir until combined.
- Add the red pepper flakes.
- Add the cut shrimp back to the skillet.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes until the cheeses are melted.
- Add the mixture to a baking pan or casserole dish.
- Top with the full sized shrimp.
- Sprinkle the panko breadcrumbs over the top.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the dip bubbles.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Allow to cool before serving.