Dairy-free lemon blueberry protein muffins are a quick and easy approach to increased protein consumption. For this recipe, I opted to use a plant-based protein vs. using whey protein. All of the other ingredients exclude dairy, so using plant-based protein helped to keep the entire recipe dairy free.
I’ve made blueberry protein muffins in the past. They were ok, but not great. Adding lemon extract to the recipe gave it a lot of zest! These muffins are incredible. They are very easy for meal prep use. I packed a couple in a Ziplock bag and stored them in my refrigerator for the week. Each morning I would grab a bag and go.
Calories: 260 Fat: 10G Net Carbs: 4G Protein: 12G
Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Lemon Blueberry Protein Muffins
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients (protein powder, baking powder, salt, almond flour, coconut flour, and Stevia) in a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Combine the eggs, coconut oil and lemon extract in a small bowl. Wisk well.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Slowly add in the blueberries, reserving a few blueberries to top each muffin.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Fill each muffin cup ¾ full and top with 1-2 blueberries in each.
- Bake muffins for 15-17 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the muffins to cook for 5-10 minutes before removing.