This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my full disclosure here.
Slow-Cooker Crockpot Southwestern Chicken and Rice is a quick and easy Mexican Crockpot recipe with chicken, rice, tomato and creamy cheese. Perfect healthy recipe for easy weeknight dinners, meal prep, and meal planning. This is a healthy version with brown rice. Feel free to use white rice or whatever you prefer.
Slow-Cooker Southwestern Chicken and Brown Rice is the perfect cure for a busy lifestyle. I feel like I’m always in a hurry. I’m always pressed for time and running to accomplish my next “to-do.” I rarely skip out on my meal prep. Slow-cooker recipes often save me! It is so simple to just pile your ingredients in a pot, set the timer, and come back later when you have time.
Calories: 371 Fat: 7G Net Carbs: 42G Protein: 30G
[easyazon_infoblock align=”center” cart=”y” identifier=”B003OAJGJO” locale=”US” tag=”staysnatched-20″]
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”110″ identifier=”B00IE76Q7M” locale=”US” nw=”y” src=”https://www.staysnatched.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/51uIMuMc99L.SL110.jpg” tag=”staysnatched-20″ width=”110″]
If I am meal prepping, I usually load all of the ingredients into the slow-cooker early on Sunday morning.
By that evening I have returned to this! From here, I can load it up into portioned meal prep containers for the week. If I prep this meal on a weekday, I add everything to the pot before work. Then I come home to the perfect weeknight meal!
Pin Me 🙂
These meal prep trays are a favorite! They really help out with meal planning.
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”110″ identifier=”B01GH5KQLO” locale=”US” nw=”y” src=”https://www.staysnatched.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/51xiAFQmk9L.SL110.jpg” tag=”staysnatched-20″ width=”110″]
Slow-Cooker Crockpot Southwestern Chicken and Rice
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 8 oz tomato sauce canned
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup brown long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups water
- 1 can Rotel drained
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup low-fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 can reduced-fat sodium black beans drained
- 1/2 can whole kernel corn drained
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Line a crockpot with a crockpot liner.
- Add all of the ingredients, except the cheese, to the crockpot and stir.
- Cover and allow it to cook for 4 and 1/2 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. Add the chicken and shredded cheese to the pot and stir.