I have partnered with Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice to provide a sponsored post and share my latest creation, shredded curry chicken and rice! This dish is incredibly easy to make. I’ve also included some tips on meal prepping and batching freezer meals. Let’s dive in!
Whether you are new to meal prepping, or a meal prep vet, sometimes our lunches and dinners can get very boring. Things become so routine that they can often become mundane, too. One key to jazzing up your meals lies in the spices you use. You can also look for products that are fragrant and aromatic!
Minute Instant Jasmine Rice is perfect for modern day cooking and is the first instant aromatic rice – and it’s ready in only five minutes. With the combination of the curry seasoning used in this recipe, your home will smell divine! This rice is very similar to the original Minute Instant Rice in that it is easy, convenient, and so fluffy!
Minute Instant Jasmine Rice is precooked and then dried. This means you have convenient rice right at your fingertips for those weeknight dinners.
Meal Prep Tips
- Choose a dish that includes a sauce. This curry chicken is great for meal prep because it includes a sauce to drizzle over the chicken. Meal prep chicken can get boring and leftovers can become really dry after you store them. When paired with a sauce, the sauce prevents the chicken from drying out.
- Load up on the right storage containers. Plastic containers do not work well when reheating. They also stain very easily. I recommend glass containers with lids.
- Label your containers. I like to use sticky notes. I jot down the name of the dish and the day I prepared it. This helps me keep track.
Freezer Tips and Batch Cooking
- Schedule batch meals in advance. You may want to set aside an entire day if you plan on making a few meals. Invite a friend over to join you. I’ve found batch cooking with others can be so fun! You also get to help motivate someone else to plan out their meals, too!
- A lot of dishes can be stored in freezer bags for bulk meals, even a dish like this one! Freezer bags will allow for more storage room in the freezer.
- Label your contents. As I mentioned above, it’s helpful to label your meals. Once you have frozen something, it may become unrecognizable!
- When you’re ready to eat the frozen meal, remove it from the freezer and place it in the fridge the night before so that it can do most of its defrosting. I’ve found the food tastes a lot better using this method, as opposed to placing a frozen dish directly into the microwave.
Looking for more ways to brighten up your food rut? You can find more culturally exciting recipes online here.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Minute® Instant Jasmine Rice.
Slow-Cooker Shredded Chicken and Curry Rice Bowls
- Add the chicken breasts, chicken broth, coconut milk, onion, lime juice, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste to a slow-cooker.
- Place the lid on the cooker. Cook for 8 hours on Low, 4 hours on High.
- While the chicken cooks boil 2 cups of water in a saucepan on medium-high heat.
- When the water reaches boiling reduce the heat medium and add the rice. Allow the rice to stand for 5 minutes.
- When the water has fully absorbed, fluff out the rice.
- Open the lid and remove the chicken. Using a knife and fork, shred the chicken. It should be really tender.
- Serve the shredded chicken alongside the rice. Drizzle curry sauce and parsley throughout.