Easy Low-Carb Gluten-Free Cinnamon Roll Protein Waffles
Easy Low-Carb Gluten-Free Cinnamon Roll Protein Waffles is a healthy keto, dairy-free, recipe that is quick to make using coconut flour and vegan butter.
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour Use a sifter or strainer to sift the flour in a bowl. The flour will be lumpy if you skip this step.
- 1 scoop protein powder Use vegan or paleo friendly if desired
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp almond milk The amount of milk you will need will vary based on the protein powder that you use. Some brands are thicker than others. Start with 2 tablespoons of milk and then add more to make the mixture form into a batter.
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder Use vegan or paleo friendly if desired
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter I used I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Vegan
- 1-2 tsp almond milk
- 2 tablespoons protein powder
Combine all of the dry ingredients in one bowl and the wet ingredients in another.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir and mix well.
Turn on the waffle iron. When the iron indicates it is ready, spray it with cooking spray.
Add the half of the batter to the iron for the first waffle. Pay close attention to adding the batter to the edges of the iron first. This will help ensure the waffles turn out full.
Close the iron and cook until the waffles are golden brown. Most irons have an indicator light for when the waffles are finished.
Combine all of the ingredients for the icing in a bowl. Stir until medium-thick. Add additional milk if you need to thin out the icing. If you wish to thicken it up, add a little more protein powder.
Remove the waffles from the iron and serve with the icing.