Instant Pot 10-Minute Steak Tacos (Carne Asada)
Quick and easy 10-minute Instant Pot steak tacos are a healthy and skinny meal. Tacos are loaded with fresh salsa, cilantro, and juicy steak.
- 8 oz Butcher Box sirloin steak fat trimmed and sliced into thin pieces
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup tomatoes chopped
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat Mexican cheese shredded
- 2 tbsp crema or sour cream
- 6 tbsp authentic salsa one tablespoon per taco
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- Trader Joe's Taco Seasoning to taste
- McCormick's Grill Mates Steak Rub and pepper to taste
Turn the Instant Pot on the saute' function. When the pot displays "Hot" add the olive oil to the pot.
Season the Butcher Box steak with the seasonings. Add the steak to the pot.
Cook both sides of the steak for 2-3 minutes until the steak turns brown.
Remove the steak from the pot. Top the steak with cheese immediately if you prefer melted cheese on your tacos.
Turn the oven on Broil. When heated, add the corn tortillas to the oven. Place the tortillas directly on an oven rack. Allow the tortillas to warm for a couple of minutes.
Remove the tortillas and add the steak, crema, salsa, and tomatoes. Sprinkle the cilantro throughout.
Add a teaspoon of Liquid Smoke for a smoky, grilled taste.
For shredded tacos use a roast instead of sirloin and the Stew Meat pressure cooker setting after sauteeing the meat.