Slow-Cooker Crockpot Southwestern Chicken and Rice
Slow-Cooker Crockpot Southwestern Chicken and Rice is a quick and easy Mexican Crockpot recipe with chicken, rice, tomato and creamy cheese. Perfect healthy recipe for easy weeknight dinners, meal prep, and meal planning. This is a healthy version with brown rice. Feel free to use white rice or whatever you prefer.
- 8 oz chicken breast
- 8 oz tomato sauce canned
- 1/2 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup red onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup brown long-grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups water
- 1 can Rotel drained
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 cup low-fat shredded Mexican cheese
- 1 can reduced-fat sodium black beans drained
- 1/2 can whole kernel corn drained
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
Line a crockpot with a crockpot liner.
Add all of the ingredients, except the cheese, to the crockpot and stir.
Cover and allow it to cook for 4 and 1/2 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. Add the chicken and shredded cheese to the pot and stir.