Easy, Keto Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse Recipe
This Easy, Keto Low-Carb Chocolate Mousse Recipe is a quick, grown up fluffy pudding. This no bake dessert fluff is made with heavy cream, chocolate chips and with no eggs.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 84 grams chocolate chips I use Lily's. This was about 1/4th of a cup, but be sure to weigh your chocolate chips for accurate macros.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Confectioner's Sweetener I use organic powdered monkfruit. Use Discount Code STAYSNATCHED to save.
Add 1/2 cup heavy cream and the chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl.
Melt the cream and chocolate in the microwave for 60-90 seconds. Stir until the chocolate has fully melted. Microwave again if necessary. Mine took 90 seconds
Allow the melted chocolate to cool for 10 minutes.
Add 1 cup heavy cream, vanilla, and the Confectioner's (Powdered) Sweetener to the cooled chocolate in the mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer or standing mixer to beat the cream and chocolate on medium for about 1-3 minutes until stiff peaks form. You can test stiff peaks using your mixer. Turn the whisks upside down they batter should point straight up without collapsing at all (or maybe a little bit just at the very tips). The mixture is thick and heavy. Do not overbeat, the mixture will split.
- The mixture will make 2 1/2 cups of mousse.
- I use whipping cream that has zero carbs per serving.
- If you don't use powdered Confectioner's sweetener, you may experience a change in texture and can taste the gains of sugar.
- To make homemade whipped cream: Add 1/2 cup whipping cream to a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer and mix for 2 minutes. Add in 1 tablespoon of granulated sweetener. Mix until whipped cream forms.
Serving: 0.5cup of mousse | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 32g