Easy Keto Low-Carb Pizza Casserole
Easy Keto Low-Carb Pizza Casserole is a quick healthy recipe perfect for meal prep. This dish is baked with cream cheese, pepperoni, and ground beef, a great crustless pizza substitute.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup marinara sauce I recommend Raos or you can make homemade marinara using the recipe linked above in the blog post.
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 12 slices pepperoni I used uncured, nitrate-free.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Drizzle the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fragrant and translucent. Add in the garlic and stir.
Place the ground beef in the skillet along with Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste. Using a meat chopper, break the ground beef into chunks. If you have excess fat on the beef, drain it from the pan. Add the cream cheese and marinara. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink and the cream cheese has melted.
Remove the skillet from heat.
In a medium bowl, combine the eggs, 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella, and heavy cream.
Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking oil spray if it isn't a nonstick pan. Add the ground beef mixture to the 9x13 casserole dish.
Drizzle the egg and cream liquid mixture on top.
Sprinkle the remaining 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella on top.
Add the pepperoni.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese begins to bubble. I like for the cheese to brown at the corners of the pan. Mine was ready around 17.
Cool before serving.
- If your ground beef has a lot of fat, drain it from the pan before adding the cream cheese and marinara.
- If you want the pepperoni visible on top of the casserole, be sure to add the pepperoni after you have added the shredded mozzarella.
- The casserole will last in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Cream isn't usually an ingredient you want to freeze. I have frozen this casserole, fully cooked. Upon reheating, it was still good, but it did not taste as good as it would if you eat it within a few days.
CASSEROLE SUBSTITUTION TIPS
You can make changes to this dish and switch it up however you like. If you omit the eggs, your casserole will likely fall apart very easily. You can not taste the eggs in this recipe.
- Ground Turkey
- Green Peppers
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 449kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 34g