Easy Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli
This Easy Keto Low Carb Beef and Broccoli is the perfect stir fry for weeknight dinners and meal prep. This Asian inspired dish uses juicy flank or sirloin steak to bring you take-out quality meals at home.
- 1 pound steak (sirloin or skirt) Any steak tips will also work well.
- 1 teaspoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon Steak Rub You can use your favorite steak rub.
- salt and pepper to taste
Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon Beef Base I prefer the flavor of Better Than Bouillon. You can also use 1/3 cup of beef broth and omit the 1/3 cup of water below.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 teaspoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon zero-calorie brown sweetener
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger Fresh or ground.
- 2 garlic cloves, minced I used fresh
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped You can also use frozen, steamable broccoli.
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 cups riced cauliflower I used frozen
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onions
- crushed red pepper flakes (also for spicy)
- sesame seeds
Slice the steak into thin strips.
Season the steak with all of the marinade ingredients. Marinate in the fridge for at least an hour to overnight. The longer you marinate the steak, the more flavor it will have.
Steam the Broccoli
While the steak marinates, boil an inch of water in a saucepan on high heat.
Add the chopped broccoli to the saucepan. Reduce heat to medium and cover the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
Stir Fry Sauce
Add the hot water to a medium bowl. Add the Better than Bouillon Beef base to the hot water. Allow it to sit for 1 minute and then stir.
Add the liquid aminos (or soy sauce), brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger to the bowl. Stir.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry
Heat the butter in a wok or skillet on medium-high heat. When the butter melts, add the marinated, sliced steak.
Cook the steak, flipping it for 4-5 minutes.
Reduce the heat to medium. Add in the stir fry sauce and steamed broccoli. Stir and ensure the steak and broccoli are fully coated in sauce. Cook until the steak reaches an internal temperature of at least 145 degrees.
Remove the beef and broccoli from the wok or skillet. Add the riced cauliflower to the skillet. Cook for 3-4 minutes until soft.
Remove the riced cauliflower and serve it alongside the beef and broccoli.
- Marinating the meat is optional but it does dramatically improve the taste and texture of the beef. Marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight.
- You can make your own steak seasoning using the following 1/4 teaspoon minced onions, 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon coriander.
- I used the frozen riced cauliflower from Trader Joe's in this recipe. I allowed it to thaw some at room temperature while I prepared most of this dish.
- If you would like more stir fry sauce, you can add additional water and Better Than Bouillon Beef flavor. If you would like 3/4 cup of sauce (vs the 1/3 cup used in this recipe) use 3/4 cup water and 1 1/2 teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon flavor.
- If you use frozen broccoli, steam it first.
- If you prefer a sweeter stir fry sauce, add more sweetener.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 18g