Keto Low-Carb Bacon Chicken Spinach Alfredo Fathead Pizza
Keto Low-Carb Bacon Chicken Spinach Alfredo Fathead Pizza is a quick and easy gluten-free, healthy recipe with almond flour and spinach. This recipe will show you how to make the base, dough, crust, and sauce for pizza that is perfect for the keto diet ketosis. The dish is practically carb-free and no carb!
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 16 minutes
Total Time 36 minutes
Keto Low-Carb Fathead Pizza Crust
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 1/2 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 egg
- 1-2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning I used 1 1/2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon butter melted (optional)
Pizza White Alfredo Sauce
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan reggiano cheese, shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 pound skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- McCormick's Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup Parmesan reggiano cheese, shredded
- parsley to garnish optional
- parchment paper
- pizza pan
- pizza slicer
- cooking spray
Fathead Pizza Crust
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Add the mozzarella and cream cheese to a large bowl. Place in the microwave for 60 seconds.
Remove the mixture from the microwave. Add the Italian Seasoning and stir.
Stir in the almond flour. The mixture may become really thick and difficult to stir. If so, place the bowl back in the microwave for another 30 seconds.
Remove from the microwave and stir. Add in the egg. Stir until the mixture forms crust.
Place a sheet of parchment paper over the pizza pan.
Spoon the dough onto the parchment paper. Place another sheet of parchment paper over the dough to help roll out and flatten the dough.
For extra flavor spread the melted butter over the crust using a cooking brush. (optional)
Using a fork, poke holes throughout the pizza dough. This will allow the crust to rise.
Bake for 8 minutes.
While the crust bakes, spray a skillet with cooking spray on medium-high heat. Add the chicken cubes to the skillet. Season with chicken seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink on the inside.
Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
Pizza Alfredo Sauce
Add the butter to the skillet on medium heat. Allow the butter to partially melt and then add the chunks of cream cheese, Parmesan reggiano, heavy cream, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste.
Stir continuously until the cheese has melted. The cream cheese may take some time to dissolve.
Assemble the Pizza and Bake
Spread the alfredo sauce over the pizza crust.
Add the fresh spinach.
Toss the cooked bacon and chicken throughout. Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan Reggiano cheese on the top.
Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes until the cheese has melted. Mine was ready at 8 minutes.
Cool before serving.
Fathead Pizza Recipe Tips
- The dough will be really sticky to roll out. Use parchment paper to bake.
- You can either use really clean hands or a second sheet of parchment paper to roll out the dough.
- If you roll the dough with your hands, wet them first. This will keep the dough from sticking to your hands and fingers as you roll it out.
- If the batter becomes too thick and hard to stir, microwave for another 15 seconds. This will allow the almond flour to moisten some with the cream cheese and mozzarella.
- Parmesan reggiano cheese costs a little more than most standard cheese. IT IS WORTH IT! I highly recommend you purchase the cheese for this recipe. It works wonders in the alfredo sauce.
- Applying melted butter to the pizza crust is awesome, and trust me it tastes amazing.
- For a thinner crust pizza use 3/4 cup almond flour, one egg, and 1 tablespoon of cream cheese as a modification.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 30g