Air Fryer Bang Bang Fried Shrimp
Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp is the best, quick and easy, healthy, air-fried seafood recipe with bread crumbs, sweet chili and Sriracha dipping sauce. This post will outline how to fry shrimp in the air fryer. You can even try frozen or grilled shrimp! Looking to cut the carbs, prepare this dish with no breading.
Bang Bang Sauce
- 1/3 cup plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp Sriracha
- 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce
Preheat Air Fryer to 400 degrees.
Season the shrimp with the seasonings.
Place the flour, egg whites, and panko bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
Create a cooking stations. Dip the shrimp in the flour, then the egg whites, and the panko bread crumbs last.
When dipping the shrimp in the egg whites, you do not need to submerge the shrimp. Do a light dab so that most of the flour stays on the shrimp. You want the egg white to adhere to the panko crumbs.
Spray the shrimp with cooking spray. Do not spray directly on the shrimp. The panko will go flying. Keep a nice distance.
Add the shrimp to the Air Fryer basket. Cook for 4 minutes. Open the basket and flip the shrimp to the other side. Cook for an additional 4 minutes or until crisp.
Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe Tips:
- Find the biggest shrimp/prawns that you can! Big shrimp is a major win for this recipe.
- Bang bang shrimp is a recipe that includes crispy fried shrimp that is usually tossed in a spicy, sweet chili sauce. Instead of tossing the shrimp in the sauce, I decided to create a separate dipping sauce. This will ensure the shrimp remains crunchy for as long as possible.
- I also added plain, non-fat Greek yogurt to the dipping sauce to substitute. Greek yogurt also provides an additional boost of protein.
- If you don't have panko breadcrumbs on hand, standard breadcrumbs will work just fine.
- Use your judgment for cook time. I like for my shrimp to be extra crispy, so 8-10 minutes works for me.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 242kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 1g