Air Fryer Bang Bang Panko Breaded Fried Shrimp is the best, quick and easy, healthy, air-fried seafood recipe with bread crumbs, sweet chili and Sriracha dipping sauce. This post will outline how to fry shrimp in the air fryer. You can even try frozen or grilled shrimp! Looking to cut the carbs, prepare this dish with no breading.
Air Fryer Bang Bang Shrimp Recipe Tips:
- Find the biggest shrimp/prawns that you can! Big shrimp is a major win for this recipe.
- Bang bang shrimp is a recipe that includes crispy fried shrimp that is usually tossed in a spicy, sweet chili sauce. Instead of tossing the shrimp in the sauce, I decided to create a separate dipping sauce. This will ensure the shrimp remains crunchy for as long as possible.
- I also added plain, non-fat Greek yogurt to the dipping sauce to substitute. Greek yogurt also provides an additional boost of protein.
- If you don't have panko breadcrumbs on hand, standard breadcrumbs will work just fine.
- Use your judgment for cook time. I like for my shrimp to be extra crispy, so 8-10 minutes works for me.