Jalapeno Bacon Cream Cheese Popper Hasselback Stuffed Chicken (Keto Low-Carb)
Jalapeno Bacon Cream Cheese Popper Hasselback Stuffed Chicken (Keto Low-Carb) is a quick and easy, healthy recipe with baked chicken breasts smothered in bacon and cheddar cheese. This recipe has amazing nutrition facts with only 291 calories and 3 net carbs per serving. Load up on the filling and create an amazing casserole or dip!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 3 slices cooked and crumbled bacon I used 2 slices of bacon in the filling for the chicken and I used 1 slice to garnish the chicken when it finished cooking.
- 2 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese 1/4 cup used to stuff the chicken, and 1/4 cup used to sprinkle over the top of the chicken
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh green onions finely chopped
- ½ - 1 whole jalapeno chopped, The more jalapeno you use, the spicier the dish. 1/2 jalapeno is very mild.
- McCormick’s Grill Mates Chicken Seasoning to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the cream cheese in a bowl and in the microwave for 15-20 seconds to soften. Combine cream cheese, crumbled bacon, chopped jalapenos, mozzarella, 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar, fresh lime, and green onions in a bowl. Stir.
Season one side of each chicken breast with the chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste and then flip both breasts over.
Slice into the chicken. For hasselback stuffed chicken you will make several horizontal slits into the chicken breast. Cut about ⅔ of the way through the breast and careful not to slice completely through the breast.
Stuff the cream cheese mixture into each of the slits. Season the top of the chicken breasts with the chicken seasoning, salt, and pepper to taste.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until it reaches a temperature of about 140 degrees. Use a meat thermometer. The chicken is not done yet. At this time, you will add the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Sprinkle it on top of both chicken breasts.
Return the chicken to the oven. Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Remove the chicken from the oven. Feel free to garnish with crumbled bacon and jalapenos.
You often won't find 2 chicken breasts that weigh the exact same. For strict macros calculation, weigh your breasts separately and be sure to use accurate weights in your nutrition calculation.
Stuffing the chicken breasts can get messy. Keep a towel nearby for your hands. If you overstuff the slits in the chicken, you can wipe the excess filling off the top of the chicken with a paper towel.
Serving: 0.5chicken breast | Calories: 291kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 14g