Keto Low-Carb Cornbread
Easy Keto Low-Carb Cornbread is a quick recipe that uses almond flour and just a handful of ingredients. Drizzle these homemade slices in warm butter. You can make corn bread muffins using the mix if you wish!
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Optional Sweetener If you like sweet cornbread use 1/2 cup. If you like a hint of sweetness use 1/4 cup. Omit sweetener if you don't want sweetened cornbread.
- 4 eggs
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, measured solid
- 1 tablespoon melted butter, measured solid to grease the pan
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine the almond flour, sweetener, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
Combine the melted butter and eggs in a smaller separate bowl. Beat the eggs and mix well.
Add the butter and egg mixture to the dry ingredients and stir.
Because I used a wedge pan, I transferred the batter to a cup with a spout for an easy pour into the skillet.
Place a cast iron skillet (I used my favorite cast iron cornbread wedge skillet) on the stove on medium-high heat. Add the 1 tablespoon of butter and ensure the pan is fully greased. Adding the cornbread to a hot cast iron skillet will result in cornbread with crispy edges. This is optional, but is the traditional way of making cornbread. When the pan is hot and sizzling, pour the cornbread mix in the skillet and smooth the top with a silicone spoon. Transfer to skillet to the preheated oven.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick returns clean. Mine was ready right at 20 minutes.
Cool for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- You can also use a 10.25 cast iron skillet in this recipe.
- If you elect not to use a cast iron, you can use an 8x8 baking dish.
- You can also make these as cornbread muffins if you wish.
- You can slice the cornbread into smaller portions to adjust the macros and serving size.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 20g